Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Events of the past year

I am feeling really writey today.
In honor of the anniversary of my blog, I want to revisit the past year, based on what I wrote to you guys.


  • I still have not seen White Noise the movie I talked about seeing over a year ago. It is languishing somewhere on my mile long Netflix queue. (And I am still scared to see it alone.)
  • I do not have fleas any longer. Yay!
  • I am still way too involved with American Idol, but as the season has just started, I am not obsessed yet. Plus, the crush on Simon has dissipated a bit. But I still love me some Kelly Clarkson. (Have not quite figured Carrie Underwood out yet. H.A.T.E. those Kit Kat commercials.)
  • Everything is still blocked from my viewing online at work, but I figured out a way to break in and write stuff on my blog. I just can't read any. AND I cannot upload software anymore. Soon I will need special permission just to turn my computer on.
  • I am still head over heels in love with my DVR. Can't I get a job where I just watch television? It is obvious I have no standards for quality. I will watch anything!
  • Marci and I are hilarious when we are together, especially when under the influence.
  • Boys hit on me weird.
  • I think that Avril is starting to not look like me anymore. I also think that Naomi and I are moving apart, looks-wise. But I hold on to my twin in Scarlett. I just wish I had her voice.
  • I adore my mother and that is just a fact.
  • I do love baseball. The fact that some of the boys are cute is nice, but that does not mean that I want to touch them. It does make it easier to watch a game of which you don't like either team, though.
  • I am thoroughly appalled by people who cheat on their mates. I think this is abundantly clear throughout a lot of my writing.
  • I still have not received either pair of boots thatI have asked for. (!) (heh, that looks like a butt, but was supposed to be a demonstration of my shock and dismay.)
  • I'm still concerned about my life and where I am heading and all that jazz, but I guess that is what keeping us striving and reaching forward. I guess I am okay with wondering.
  • I'm still stubborn and passionate about some things and I am afraid that will never change.

Assessment: School is hard, people are weird and I get bored a lot. Loves it!

8 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Happy anniversary. :)

2/02/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I will watch the movie with you, let's plan it, scary movie night!! I want to watch Saw II and have it, but haven't gotten up the nerve to watch it alone.

one other thing, you are blessed and have had a great year compared to some others I know!! :)

2/03/2006 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

I will watch White Noise with you too, I am totally up for a scary movie. It’s been ages.

I cannot remember who [name] is and why I hate him.

I snoted tea re-reading our drunken blogging, we must do that again.

Don’t give up on the boots girl, keep the dream alive!

2/03/2006 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Oh yea, yeah to No more fleas!!! Sorry about that, you were a great dog Mommy though and I appreciate what you did for me so much!!!

2/03/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Wait, Harms, you gave Bug fleas? The things we do for friends... Does nobody else thing it's funny that Buggie is free of the pesky bugs? No? Not so much? Not even just a lil bit? Ok then. :-|

I saw White Noise. Mas made me go see it w/her hoping I'd be as entertaining for her as I usually am w/scarey movies (eg, covering eyes and screaming in theatre). I'll withhold commentary 'till after you ladies watch it yourselves.

2/03/2006 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger chanuck said...

Congrats on the fleas!

You have to talk to DCSportsChick about the baseball thing. We are going to many games this year. Let us know when you are there.

You forgot about the one other hit. "want to watch my friend drink a bottle of hot sauce?" I can't believe someone actually used that.

2/08/2006 05:21:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Yeah, what Chanuck said about the hot sauce :-)

2/08/2006 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Heh. Hot sauce is sooo hot.
I am all over baseball games. I get tickets from work sometimes, so DC and Chanuck, if you'd like to go..? Fun!
The fleas were out of control when the were here. But I have a gas stove, so I was terrified to bomb the place. But Buggie with bugs is funny (and gross). I loved being a doggie mom. That worked out well, Harms. Miss the hell out of that fuzzy little guy.
2005: a hard year. But an interesting one.

2/11/2006 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home