Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, May 09, 2005

My idol

There is a woman in California who has adopted over 30 special needs boys from all over the world. She takes care of them all with the help of her quadriplegic husband.
She spends all day, every day caring for these boys. She has given her entire life to care for boys that other people basically threw away. Not only that but one child has severe brain damage due to being abused. Abused! I don't think this woman gave birth to any of her children, yet she loves them all more so much that her entire existence is based on taking care of them. She has no intention of stopping, either. It makes it impossible to think that someone destroyed their own perfect child. Thank God she is there to take care of him for them.
Looking at this woman's life makes me realize that life may make me cry, but I am so lucky and I hope that someday I will have a tenth as much love to give to someone as this woman does. I wish I could be half the person she is.
Lord knows I have the most amazing role model. My mother took every stone life has lobbed at her and hit it wayyyyyyyy out. She sacrificed everything for her family and never once complained about anything. (Except the lack of salmon on her salmon and bagel for brunch on sundays.) She is the most intelligent person I have ever come into contact with. I know for certain that I have experienced far more than my share because of her desire to show me the world. I have always taken it for granted. I have never loved nor been loved like by my mother.
I love you more than the most and I hope I can ever live up to the standard you have set.
XOXO Mami.
Du bist mein Schatz!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the story about that woman, too! She's amazing and totally seems to pull it off without feeling bad for herself, which as equally tough feat. You have lots of love to give, buggie. Your friends and family sure feel it from you every day.

Jen

5/11/2005 08:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home