Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Gimme the Gawddamn peanut!

I was watching Walk the Line the other night.
In one scene, June Carter and Johnny Cash are lying in bed together and he is eating peanuts. Well, don't them peanuts look good? June wants one and Johnny brings the peanut to her mouth and then... pops it into his own.
!
Well, of course she is upset, so Johnny wants to make it up to her by offering her another peanut. He aims the peanut at her mouth that she has trustingly opened again in anticipation of this tasty legume. Damn, if he does not enjoy the thing himself again! Well, now he has gone and done it. Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me. No more open mouth. Lips tightly sealed, June turns away from him. He pleads with her. "Come on, June. You know I am a nice guy. Let me try again." She says "No way, Johnny." but then she lets him have another go, and do you know what he does? THAT'S RIGHT. He eats the gawddamn peanut hisself.

This is a perfect example of men and women. Men do something stupid, women accept the apology. Men do something stupid again, beg for forgiveness, women accept apology. Men do something stupid yet again, women get fed up say "No more!"...so Men commences cajoling, and women give in once more. Stupid. Why do we fall for it over and over and over?
(yeah, I'm jaded. Whatcha gonna do about it?)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh

nuts

2/02/2006 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I refuse to fall for the BS anymore!!!!! So should you!

2/02/2006 01:34:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Lu-cifer does that stuff ("want some, just kidding, HA!") to me sometimes and I don't really play that game well though. I'm done after the first foolery. I think I have a short fuse though. heh.

I agree with Jen though. I've been duped quite a few times and everytime I say 'that's the last time I'm gonna tell him to stop that'. Bah.

2/02/2006 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

We are indeed suckers. Or just swell gals with real big-like hearts.
I sat in that theatre and yelled to the screen, "don't fall for it June! Don't! No!
See?"
And then I stretched my arms out incredulously and muttered, "Men" and the people behind me laughed.

2/02/2006 05:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And the male love fest continues.

2/02/2006 09:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home