Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, January 16, 2006

I forgot my dreidel.

Hanumas took place at Marci's home this year. With matzo ball soup, latkes, mulled wine and cookies being prepared in the kitchen, Jen found herself with the Christmas salad ingredients in the living room. The ginger dressing on that salad rocked my wee little world!


Meanwhile, these two rounded up trouble in the kitchen. (get it? Matzo balls, rounded... Ha!)
I really just stood around waiting to be fed, entertained and lavished with gifts.
Whilst the soup and simmered, the ladies enjoyed some Hanumas wine on "Troy", Marci's sofa. There was a passionate discussion of whatever Jewish knowledge we have. I talked about a movie I saw "Rosenstrasse" and, in typical Bug fashion, forgot my point halfway through telling them about it. But, in not typical Bug fashion, I just stopped talking, as opposed to trying to figure it out. (Much to the delight of my fellow Hanumas celebrants.) Soon enough, a delightful meal was served. (To two gangstas?)


Doesn't everyone seem to be enjoying themselves?

This picture is meant to help you feel like you were there. Ah, the Holiday plunger! (Thank you Mama Bug who graciously redecorated it this year. What a beautiful job you did. Thanks!)
Look at all the presents!


I think the words on the tv screen really capture the moment... Or does that just sound weird?
These girls are excited about some gifts! Jen gave me two cast iron skillets. So I browned some meat and had to go buy a dish washing brush.

I am sad to report that we did not come up with new stanzas of Dreidel, but we did sing and do a little dance to finish off the night.

Happy Hanumas, everyone. Keep the delight of holidays with the best people you know alive!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that "stuff" at the bottom?

1/17/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!! That makes for a great weekend.

1/17/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Rich, that is the browned meat she made in her new skillet!

Bug, I can't read what the TV says. And boy does Becky pull out the gangsta a lot, must be the West coast influence.

I like that the plate of latkes is empty. Too bad you didn't have the picture of the OCD latke bites for this post, that was funny.

You know what the best part of hosting Hanamas is? Keeping the leftover matzo ball soup and latkes for lunches. Yum!

1/17/2006 05:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly, the best Hanamas ever.

Jen

1/17/2006 07:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home