Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Misunderstood songs

I like Alanis Morissette's version of Seal's song "Crazy". But, I heard the lyrics slightly differently and interpreted the meaning, too.

My version:
In a sky full of people, there's always someone to fight, Isn't that crazy? In a world full of people, there's always someone to fight, Is that not crazy?
My interpretation:
No matter where you go in life, there is always someone who is willing to fight you or for you to fight with. It sucks. What a crazy world. That's why you have to get a little crazy to survive.

Real version:
In a sky full of people, only some want to fly, Isn't that crazy? In a world full of people, only some want to fly, Isn't that crazy?

Huh. Well I guess that meaning is kind of sad. Doesn't everyone want to fly? Seal and Alanis don't think so. But R. Kelly believes HE can fly. (That man is an entry for someone else to tackle...Too obvious, not really, for me.) And Irene Cara said she would live forever, she's gonna learn how to fly. Frank Sinatra wanted someone to fly him to the moon; Kelly Clarkson is going to spread her wings and learn how to fly; Foo Fighters will be making their way home once they learn to fly. Hmm, they are actually all just planning on learning how to fly. Wonder if there is a psuedocelebrity flight school. (Pseudo because thems not real celebrities and Frank Sinatra is dead.) I think that I could make a mazillion dollars with that idea.

Come to Buggie's Flight School.
Learn to fly!
I need to work on my catch phrase.

Other song that makes things in my head go awry...
"My Lumps" by Black Eyed Peas.
For one thing... My lovely lady lumps? I worry about getting lumps in my lovely lady bumps. I mean, I would be worried were I to have lumps in them. So, is this a song about checking yourself out for breast cancer?

Go on Black Eyed Peas. Represent Breast Cancer awareness!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE "My Lumps." It's like there was a contest for who could write the dumbest song with the largest number of product placements...Jen

12/21/2005 07:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with this Jen character on this one, I can't believe some people we both know, enjoy that "song"

Fergie reminds me of school on Saturday! "School on Saturday?" you ask. Yeah! NO CLASS!

She looks like she smells bad.

12/21/2005 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

You are so right. She DOES look like she smells bad.

12/22/2005 07:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home