Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Movie forces people to reexamine being in the closet...

I got to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tonight. I loved those books as child, and am re-reading them now. (Though I am missing book 3, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If you have it and would like to loan it to me, I would be much obliged. I am not very welcome at the library... Though I should not tell you that. Because why would you choose to loan me the book, then?)
The movie was wonderful. There were some times were the CGI was noticeable, but the rest was so good, that it overcame it. (For me, anyway.) I was a little mad that Lucy was not a blonde as she was in the book, but HOLY SMOKES, I fell in love with Georgie Henley. She was destroying me everytime she cried. She has a really great face for acting. My friend compared her to his boxer, and I can totally see it. That doggie of his is expressive as hell, and they both have these big, big eyes and that upturned nose. So stinkin' cute! (It is not a mean comparison, I swear!)

I do take offense at grown up Susan having dark eyes. What the? Her eyes could not have been a lighter blue. How could they mess that up? I looked for a photo, but none really capture the lightness of her eyes.

All of the Pevensie children could have been ads for collagen. Big lips! Especially on Susan. As my friend said, she looks like she was popped in the face. That is sort of what I looked like after being socked in my boxing class.

And, I know there are many things wrong with me, not the least of which is that everytime they showed the lion from behind, I was looking for his bits and pieces. Can't explain it. The other issue is that I had a bit of an old lady crush on the two boys. I would so have a poster of them on my closet door if I were 12. (or if I could find a poster of them... kidding. I am not a cougar, yet.)

I am off to examine the inner workings of my closet. My mother has a real wardrobe. I think I may head there soon. I am ready for adventure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

I have the book for you, but.....you have to invite me over for dinner, that is the trade off sista!!! love you! The girls are so in to all the books, reading them when they can. I will have to make sure they aren't reading this particular one.

love you

1/25/2006 08:41:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I loved these books when I read them as a pre-teen. They were the best thing I had ever come across in print and was sad when I finished reading them. I forgot a lot of what went on though so I'm wondering if I can motivate myself to re-read them and then see the flick when it comes out at the Draft House. Cuz cheap boxed wine and adventure movies are a marriage made in heaven? :-)

1/26/2006 07:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home