Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Closer

I went to the movies on Saturday. I saw the movie "Closer" with Jude Law, Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman. First, I just want to mention that the couple sitting in front of me were about 60 years old. This would not have affected me in any way but for the extreme sexual nature of the film and the depravity of it. The two girls to the left of me got up and left when Clive Owens started calling Julia Roberts a F^&*ing slut and other phrases that I would not type out here. What a terrible movie. Everyone lies and cheats and is generally awful. And Natalie Portman as a stripper is not something that I had ever wanted to experience. Yikes. So the movie ends and I am sitting there like I was hit with a 2x4 and a waiting for the couple to leave because they make me feel even more awkward about what I saw. I really have no point to this story. I am disappointed in the actors and in the story. I hate movies about deceit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

I don't think I will be going to see that movie now that I read your review of it. I'll opt for the happier kinda movies. Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind (did I get the title right?)? I heard that was a good one. Need to rent it.

Love you!

1/10/2005 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I did see that movie. It was very good. I thought it was an interesting concept and it really hits home that you can't just erase experiences. The things you do affect you. I liked that. But it was so melancholy.

1/11/2005 08:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home