Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

3rd Annual Snarkademy Awards

I threw my annual Academy Awards party again this year. Apparently this year's show had the lowest viewer count in a long time. I wonder if it was due to the writers' strike, or because the films nominated really did not seem to be universal. Barely anyone I know saw any of the films that were up for the coveted Oscar.

First of all, I am really glad that No Country For Old Men won. I really liked that flick. I can't figure out the hubbub about There Will Be Blood. Like I wrote before, I simply didn't get it. I am glad Diablo Cody won for best screenplay. I thought it was a refreshing script. Someone on some website said they were disappointed in all the accidentally pregnancy plotlines and I have to agree, but I still liked Juno. Jackie Clarke is pretty damn hilarious in her impersonation of the screenwriter nee stripper.

My party was pretty typical including the usual suspects and the usual treats. This year I had a chocolate fondue which was wildly delicious. I had strawberries, bananas, pineapple, pound cake, marshmallows and Krispy Kreme donut holes to dip. YUMMMM! It also turns out that there is another hummus that is good besides Sabra. Trader Joe's makes a ridiculously delicious horseradish hummus (although, as far as I am concerned, you could put horseradish into about anything and I would delight over it).

The beverages this year included:

  • Blood Orange soda for the non-drinkers.
  • There Will be Blood Punch: Pulpy orange juice, Acai juice, soda water, and cranberry vodka.
  • Juno Punch: Sunny D-Lite, juice from freshly squeezed lemon, orange and lime; mashed strawberries; grapefuit and lime vokas; triple sec, puply orange juice, soda water.
The prizes:















Winner
  • Most right on ballot: Michael Clayton DVD
  • Most wrong: $5 gift card to Blockbuster
  • Best Costume 1st place: Juno CD
  • 2nd place: $5 gift card Starbucks
  • Bingo: American Gangster DVD
  • Bingo 2nd place: Cracker Jack 3-pack
Becky was the ballot winner by an immense margin. (cheater).

The swag bags are an institution and fun for me to fill. This year was a little difficult, but let me show you what they contained and you can decid eif they are cool or not.
















Non film oriented goodies:
Nestle Crunch cookie roll thingie.
Wacky straw
Crystal Light mix

Film related goodies:
Juno: Sunny D and Orange Tic-Tacs
Ratatouille: Ratatouille recipe
No Country for Old Men: "Old Fart's Friend" name tags
Atonement: Sorry card
Golden Compass: Compass ring
Enchanted: tiara
There Will be Blood: bandage
Pirates of the Caribbean: Gold chocolate coin.

I am truly sorry I did not get the chance to write up my choices for the winners this year as I have in the past. I sure as hell would not have picked Daniel Day Lewis. I was all over Javier Bardem, and would quite possibly be all over him were we in the same room together.

Read about previous Snarkademy Awards here: 1st prep, 1st winners . 2nd.

If you'd like to read an almost livecast of the 3rd annual Snarkademy Awards show, directly from my very own couch, please see the Congrats Blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dutchess of Kickball said...

I wasn't at all excited about the awards this year, hell, I didn't even know how Tilda Swanson was until this morning. But your party looks like it would have been fun to attend.

2/26/2008 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger JessT said...

That was a rockin' party, princess. If it was socially acceptable to bathe in a fondue fountain, I totally would have...

2/27/2008 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Well Hell Dutchess, you'll just have to come next year. Don't you remember Tilda Swinson from Chronicles of Narnia? She was the Ice Witch.

JT: If it was not you bathing there, who was it? :)

2/27/2008 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home