Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

prepping for the 2006 Snarkademy Awards

So I am having a few people over to watch the Oscars and maybe got a little carried away with preparations for the 5 people that responded yes to my evite. You can say you saw it first, here!



The most important aspect of any party... THE BAR!
My bar includes:
  • Margaritas
  • 5 vodkas: Cranberry, Lime, Cherry, Grapefruit and Grey Goose.
  • Bacardi
  • Lemoncello martinis
  • Beer (In the blue cooler thingy)
  • Smirnoff ice Raspberry (Also in cooler)
  • And desperate for Bloody Mary people (Angel) can have those if they so choose. But I do not have celery, for I hate celery.

A bit overkill for 6 people, doncha think? (Not if you know Marci.)

Please don't judge me on the contents of the shelves behind THE BAR. I have good reasons for all of those films and things. I really do.

Any good Oscar party has Swag bags. These are mine. (So logic dictates that my party is gonna be good!)

The bags contain:

  • kiddie party sunglasses because all stars need their shades!
  • Kleenex tissues for the inspiring speeches. (Don't forget to thank your spouses!)
  • Star Crunch from L'il Debbie. Get it? STAR crunch. I ate a bunch of those yesterday. Still as good as they were 20 years ago. (Damn, 20 years, really?)
  • Star ornament because it is pretty.
  • Jones Soda in Berry lemonade because new stuff is always in swag bags to publicize it.
  • Mini popcorn bag (Act II). Do I really need to say why? C'mon!
  • Colored stars like we got for doing good stuff when we were little. Cause they are cool.
  • MADD ribbon because I am supplying a lot of booze and I want everyone safe. Besides every goodie bag always has some flyer or something from some do-good organization.

The Prizes:

The person who gets the most Oscar picks right wins a DVD of Walk the Line. The person who gets the least will get the two Super Blow Pops.

I wanted people to come wearing some sort of prop that is inspired by a nominated film. Best one there gets Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" novel. The sweetest accessory gets a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates. The most rocking gets Pop Rocks. (Don't eat 'em with soda pop!) The most shocking will receive a teeny bottle of After Shock Liquor. Yuck.

If no one come accessorized, I WIN!

My Oscar picks coming up before 5pm.

People who should send me free stuff:

  1. Kleenex
  2. Jones Soda
  3. Pop Rocks
  4. After Shock liquor
  5. Truman Capote
  6. Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix
  7. Act II popocorn
  8. Little Debbie
  9. MADD
  10. Ghirardelli
  11. Blow Pops
  12. Grey Goose
  13. Any vodka maker.
  14. You, for getting to read this. Email me, I will send you an address to ship stuff to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is soooo cool, I wish I could come to your party! I LOVE the swag bags!

3/06/2006 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Sorry I didn't make it, the kids have projects do and thats what we worked on until 10 last night!! Oh and studied for their tests too. Although, I would have had to spend the night with all those goodies to drink. Can't wait to see the pics from last night.

3/06/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I did homework today all day at work. I was there until 8:30 on homework.

3/06/2006 09:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home