Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Always thought I'd make a good doctor

I saved a bunch of lives yesterday. Someone was choking and I administered the Heimlich maneuver. I bandaged both an arm and a head. I performed CPR and had to shock a man’s heart. I am exhausted. We had a CPR training class at work and it was super cool. I am officially trained so should one of you start to choke or something, Super Bug will save the day!

It was an all around medical day for me. I went with my dear pal to her first Lamaze class where we hee hee hooed and did other labor breathing. One of us got a free massage and I have to say it was not me (even though my shoulders have been a little achy lately). It was an interesting class and all the couples seemed to look exactly alike (which I found rather weird). So, dear friend, thanks for letting me be the interim Lamaze coach for our love child. And tell your husband that he is NEVER going to see a penny of child support from me. You can’t prove anything!

On the way home we tried to look at the lunar eclipse. (Hey, maybe you can name the child Bug Luna). Half covered, it looked like a black and white cookie (that was my friend’s assessment which was spot on). Even the stars were shining brightly.

That was my day yesterday, an obvious improvement over the day before. Oh, and my doctor called once he got my x-ray and basically told me to stop being such a baby. I did not break anything but deep tissue bruises hurt badly for a long time. So, I still feel I have license to whine (and hobble a bit).

4 Comments:

Blogger DCSportsChick said...

I owe you a backrub, definitely- thanks again!

2/21/2008 09:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they make you practice yelling, "YOU, go call 911!" a million times too?

2/21/2008 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

They did! But the whole thing was fun.
No, DCSC, your hubby owes YOU one. Right?

2/21/2008 03:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that there's someone around whom it is safe for me to not chew my food :-D

2/22/2008 03:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home