Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, February 04, 2008

She Liiiiiiiivessssss

Hi everybody. It’s been a long time, I know. I hope you missed me. I have been completely stressed out with all things Law School (applications). I am truly burnt out from writing! To add to the delight of writing law school essays and having to invent reasons why you’d want me in your school, I am taking a class on the history of essays. Woo. This is my second to last class at Boston University and that is utterly thrilling. However, I still have to finish it. The class entails my reading essays from old guys who are long gone. Then I have to write a five page essay in that style. (Every week). I also have to edit two class-mate’s papers and participate in written discussion points. So far, I have written 3 essays: one on religion vs. faith; one on the redemptive value of Real Dolls (the anatomically correct, life-size dolls) and the last one, which was due yesterday ended up being about a cat. A cat. I spent all weekend writing and re-writing big piles of hooey. You know how frustrating it is to flesh out a topic for 500 words only to notice that it still is not going anywhere? PLUS I wanted to go watch the Superbowl. Finally, what poured out of me was a story about a cat. Yep. We’ll see what kind of grade this pulls in.

My conversation skills are severely repressed as of late. This can be substantiated by the three gorgeous ladies who drank beers with me on Saturday. Thank God you all rescued me from my home! Prior to that I merely ate anything I could find that was not weighed down with annoying nutrients and watched “Women’s Murder Club” on my couch with Bill. Even Bill got irritated with my attitude and left me to my own devices after a while.

I can’t believe the weekend was over so quickly! Last night was fun, though. And I am glad the New York Giants of Football won the game. I hate all the grandstanding the Patriots players do. It is so annoying. (It’s like playing a board game with me. I get it now, Cristina.) When in the last 2 minutes, they were already celebrating their win, I began praying for their demise. Their utter lack of good sportsmanship proved they were not worthy of winning the big game. So suck it, Brady! You too, Moss! I noticed you were not doing the swim, or the bunny hop or whatever those odd hand gestures were supposed to represent.

Did anyone think the Tide to go commercial with the distracting coffee stain was as hilarious as Law-rah and I did??? Did anyone else get to eat super yummy tacos like we did?

Why do they make the Superbowl on a Sunday? How much more fun could we have if it were on a Saturday? Now I am back to work and while I got to bed at a decent time and the maple syrup beers I enjoyed last night only numbered in the two (because someone is getting old and can’t drink people under the table anymore), I would have liked to hang out longer. I am still a strong proponent of 3 day weekends every week. Hell, if we have to, let’s change the weeks of the year to 8 days. I will still work five and then have three off. Obama, make it happen and I will vote for you.

Okay, now I am just jabbering. I hope to post more frequently, but you never know how the mood will strike.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Dutchess of Kickball said...

OMG that Tide commercial was hysterical. Probably the second best thing on tv all night, just behind the puppy bowl on animal plant at half time!

2/04/2008 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

"I hate all the grandstanding the Patriots players do. It is so annoying."
"When in the last 2 minutes, they were already celebrating their win, I began praying for their demise. Their utter lack of good sportsmanship proved they were not worthy of winning the big game. So suck it, Brady! "
Yes
yes
and yes! I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs (deaf Jemmy can attest to that) when the Giants made that last touch down and had to quote the Will Ferrel Bud Light commercial with "Suck one!" I was so happy to see the Giants win. Humility is endearing, not cockiness. Reading your blurb above made me happy.

Read this made me spit w/glee "Obama, make it happen and I will vote for you."

You should have quoted LL Cool J in your subject "Don't call it a comeback".

Happy to see some words by you. If you could do it more often, it wouldn't feel so anti-climatic to click on the Ah Bugger link.

2/04/2008 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you already see "Lars and the Real Girl" ?

2/04/2008 01:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't get when everyone started liking the Giants...I mean when did that happen? I really don't like them at all. Not that I am a Pats fan per se, but I am really anti-Giants.

Maybe I am the odd ball?

2/04/2008 06:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone likes the Giants because we all hate Boston and the people that live there, and their coach who cheats, and their quarterback who dumps hot pregnant women.

http://www.dyewell.com/saveboston/

2/05/2008 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

Although I liked the Tide commercial, I liked your impression of the talking stain even more.

And Marci: yeah, what Lucky said. But also, you can't have a football team from a region. Everyone else is from a city/state, not a region.

2/06/2008 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger JessT said...

Well maybe you should get knee deep into some essays more often (except No! NOT REALLY!) because this was hi-larious. Please, please send me your Real Dolls essay.

2/09/2008 09:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home