Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy hour in India?

Paris Hilton is attempting an intervention for the drunken elephants of India. This seems a little hypocritical, no? She was quoted in the Washington Post saying "The elephants get drunk all the time. It is becoming really dangerous. We need to stop making alcohol available to them". Could we exchange "elephants" in that sentence for Hollywooders? (Or me, after the weekend just spent in Mexico at Clussy's wedding.)
I do not want to minimize the importance of the subject at hand. I have actually read quite a bit on elephants predilection towards alcohol. I just wonder if Paris Hilton is the appropriate spokesperson for the cause? It seems kind of like OJ Simpson for people affected by domestic violence.

3 Comments:

Blogger Buggie said...

I guess my skepticism prooved right as the Washington Post was forced to apologize for the story as Hilton stated she never made comments about drunk elephants. I wanted to come up with some clever she DID say, but it is 4:15pm and I am simply out of wit. (And don't say that I ran out of it a long time ago. 'Cause I am fierce! and I watched America's Next Top Model last night!)

11/15/2007 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

And I also do know how to spell proved. Yet these skills are eluding me at the moment. Soo sleepy.

11/15/2007 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I think the quote that I read went something like "I think the elephants in India are better off being drunk than taking help from Paris Hilton". I liked that quote.

I tell you what, all the blondes that were part of our wedding party were the most memorable, dynamic personalities. You all were the attention hogs! I like that it diverted some of the heat off of me. Excerrent! Between Harms showing us her crotch as she squatted to take pics of us(we later found out she was actually wearing undies but the panty hose she was wearing made it look like she wasn't, which made for an interesting pic of our looks of shock while on the beach taking our wedding pics), Steph and Mikey rustling up some juicy whispers and you being a light weight (open bars will kill ya every time I tell ya!) and rowling up the troops to hit the jacuzzi, it made for some fun in hearing all the scoop the morning after the welcome dinner and wedding. Good times. And no elephants were hurt in the process.

Cheers!

11/20/2007 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home