Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Get your French Toast fixin's! It's gonna snow!

You know how people rush to the grocery store when they hear about a storm. Well, I am no different. But my shopping list is a bit different than the usual milk, bread, eggs and toilet paper. Here is what I bought:
  • Lime Tostito chips. My favorite and I just got some new salsa. What is better when trapped than some spicy and limey treats?
  • Fat free half and half. I need my coffee. Especially when it is cold outside.
  • Breyer's Rocky Road ice cream. I always think that ice cream is better in the winter. Only problem is that I dig through the carton searching for the chocolate covered almonds. Once they are gone, it's just chocolate ice cream with a marshmallow ribbon. Pheh.
  • Peanut Butter. Vital protein. (Useless to me when I don't have apples, though. Luckily I bought a bunch of Pink Lady apples at Balducci's)
  • Chianti (Marci and I had some at Anna Maria's in DC a few days ago and it was goooood.)
  • Syrah (Antioxidants and whatever.)
  • Riesling. Hello, booze is a staple.

I would have bought fudgesicles, but they did not have any! People must have been stocking up.

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I love the list. Mine also includes Toilet Paper, cookie dough (sometime eaten right out of the sausage like container) and People magazine. Jen

2/11/2006 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger ab said...

i forgot the booze! how did i forget the booze?!?

2/12/2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

no tea bags?

2/12/2006 06:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually went to Pathmark in the blizzard yesterday. I figured the lines would be really short.
I bought;

Milk
Grape Jelly
a block of extra sharp cheddar
Oreos (the white ones)
a bag of apples
Nutmeg
Lemon Juice
Processed Turkey
Two bottles of carrot juice
Liquid Plumber

2/13/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I went on Thursday hoping to beat the mad rush. Mine was the typical bread, milk, cereal, SUGAR(we go through over 5lbs of sugar a week in our house), and SLEDS!!! I am so glad I bought them we had a blast yesterday.

2/13/2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Yeah I don't get why people need to make french toast when it snows either...

If you are stuck at home what more do you need other than booze, cheese and coffee/tea. *and maybe ice cream, cuz I totally bought ice cream too. Mine was Breyer's Samoas ice cream. It was delish on Sunday morning for breakfast.

Harmony! 5lb of sugar? Don't get me started...

2/13/2006 05:34:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I have had the same wee little bag of sugar in my fridge (keep it ther cause I sometimes get the sugar ants) for a year! I use splenda if I need sweet.
Rich, what is the lemon juice for? You are going to turn orange if you keep injesting Carrot juice the way you do. (Then Marci will have to have you.)

2/13/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Oh, and I bought loose tea in Chicago and yum! So, no tea bags. Got tons of tea.

2/13/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Run said...

OMG!! MG and I sooooo made some French Toast this weekend. I also have a habit of making a steak dinner when there's a storm so Sunday I made MG a steak dinner with shrimp ceviche on the side....hhmm (drool)

2/13/2006 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Oh BFF, I wanna date you!
I made Marci and Rich a spaghetti lunch today. It felt like we were playing house.

2/18/2006 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home