Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Did I least win the genetic lottery? Hmm?

Stopped by Giant on my way to Starbucks where I ordered my grande non-fat one pump mocha/three pumps peppermint no foam no whipped latte and the girl kind of rolled her eyes at me, yet only charged me for a tall latte, to buy scratch off lottery tickets. I watched a special on E! (I think it was on E! It was late night and I couldn't sleep.) about lottery winners. I got to thinking about what I would do should I win the lottery. So, I bought two $2 scratch offs and one $1 one. They are all Halloween themed. It's September. But that aside, I scratched the $1 one called "Creepy Cash" off to find no matches under the silver foily stuff I had artistically rendered into a series of stripes that displayed the not-winning-numbers. It's cool though. Don't wanna win creepy cash. I want regular cash, or even happy cash. So before I opt to scratch of the two $2 ones, I thought I might tell you what I would do with the $815,000 I could possibly win.
  1. Obvious one is to pay off anyone I owe right now. (Yeah, that means YOU, Big Guido. Don't break my legs.)
  2. Ok, wow. I do not know what I would do with this money. What a boring entry. Turns out that I would probably put it into the bank, continue working and then use it to get my graduate degree. But if I won 100 million dollars, that would change things up a bit.

So let's see what is going to happen... (By the way, if I win $10, how anticlimactic, right? But winning nothing is even sadder. But paying $5 to write this Pulitzer worthy blog entry, worth every penny!) Here we go...

$2 "Little Green Men Doubler" Scratcher- I won $10

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Net gross of $5. Worthwhile for sure!

Since that prediction seemed to work, let me try this: Gosh, winning $13,000 would be kind of boring, but winning nothing would suck.

$2 "Hallowin!" scratcher- The prizes available to me are: $15/ $13,000/ $50/ $15/ $30/ $13,000/ $30/ $1,000/ $50/ $3

Now I need to scratch off my winning numbers that correspond to which prize I get. This is exciting.

My winning numbers are 21. Hmph.. No corresponding prize. The other is 9. Damn. Well, ten bucks is ten bucks. Ya know what I am saying? I do think I would be an excellent lottery winner. I am going to play the big one on Friday. Then I will change the name of my blog to "Rich Bugger".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are buying beers at the Nats game?

9/27/2006 02:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cheapskate, even a rich Buggie wouldn't buy the beers at a Nats game when she obtains the tickets. That's what the rest of us grateful peons are for!

Wish I could go tomorrow... *sniff*

9/27/2006 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Well, DCSC, You missed NOTHING except bad traffic, rain, wind and scary lightning and thunder. It is almost 1 am and I am watching the damn ball game now. Bah.

9/29/2006 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger chanuck said...

Was the Buggie well lubricated? Even though the bad infulence people were away.

10/01/2006 10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home