Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, August 04, 2006

I want 5 million in unmarked bills for that other "p"

At Front Page in Arlington, there are newspapers all over the walls. When you stand there waiting for your friends to arrive you tend to read them. One is the front page (So that is why the bar is called that! :) of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping. Well, kidnaping. That headline has bugged the hell out of me forever. I cannot believe that they would misspell on the front page of a newspaper.
Then, a few days ago, because the Adam Walsh law was passed, I was reading some old clippings about his kidnapping. The headline there was "Six year-old was kidnaped, police believe".
Even Time magazine had an article titled "Kidnaping at the Border." Is it just me, or are you guys pronouncing it kid-nape-ing, too?
I typed "kipnaped" into Microsoft Word and it instantly corrected it to say "kidnapped". Unsatisfied, I looked it up on www.dictionary.com and it turns out that both are correct. Just thought I would pass it on in case you find yourself in Front Page looking at that damn article. Turns out I fumed about "some idiot" for nothing. Oops.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! you crack me up!

8/04/2006 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Yeah, I don't like "kidnaping" either. I don't care if it's technically correct, it ISN'T.

8/07/2006 06:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home