Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Would I be the first to be kicked out? If so.. I get to be the leader!

During a phone conversation with Jen, I came up with a solution to the immigration problem. Give people a five year amnesty in the States. At the end of five years, they would have to present themselves before a committee that decides whether this person has made a positive addition to the American society or not. If not, they don't get to stay.
Wishful thinking has me desiring to send Americans out on the basis of the same merits. Member of a gang? Out you go. Mel Gibson? Back to Australia with you. Speaking of Australia... Perhaps there is another island we could have to send undesirables to. They could create their own government and in a few years, we'd all be clamoring to go there and speak like they do.
Just a thought on a Monday morning. More coffee, please!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I play devils advocate here?

(Devil's advocate is a fun game, and I am bored)

What exactly is the immigration problem?

7/31/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only life could be so simple! I agree (http://www.sournsweet.com/?p=244).

7/31/2006 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What about the people who have said "yes, I choose to live by the rules of the society you have created," and have gone through or are going through the process to become a naturalized citizen? "Amnesty" just thumbs the collective nose at those people, no?

7/31/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Rich, you don't see that immigration is an issue that the US is trying to deal with? Am I the only one who thinks that the rules of engagement are a bit wonky right now? Because if there is no problem, then why are there protests and people up in arms and such.
Love you Sweet!
MG: First of all, it is my idea, not one that is going to be enforced and because of that I get to make the rules say whatever I want them to. My blog, my rules. Second: Were this to be a reality then it would allow ALL people to go through and become legal should they demonstrate themselves to be..... you know what? Nevermind. Start debating. This is stupid. I am not making any more comments about anything anymore. Geez.

7/31/2006 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Run said...

ooh allowing people to stay based on their level of contribution? hhmm...what if they're underachievers? (poor little underachievers…they tried) lol j/k

I like your idea though I think it would help with the 'illegal immigrant' issue which is a problem right now.

All I ask is that Jet Blue give good rates to your new founded country of undesirables…k? ;)

Oh, and will you have sushi there?

7/31/2006 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger chanuck said...

As a slacker legal alien I think I would be screwed. But I think it would be easier than the current legal process I have been going through.
Stupid government bureaucracy, and I thought it took a long time for the Army to do things.

8/02/2006 05:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home