Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Today in History - July 18

Jeepers, today has been a crazy day for people throughout time.

Nadia Comaneci scored the first perfect 10 in the 1976 Olympics. That reminds me of a plastic surgeon I used to know who would tell me, "Buggie, you are a pretty girl, but I can make you a perfect ten with some slight modifications."

Remember when Senator Ted Kennedy drove his car into a pond and his passenger died? That happened today in 1969.

Rebecca Schaeffer was shot and killed by a psycho fan in 1989. This prompted the first anti-stalking laws. I used to have a stalker. Well, a couple. They were never quite right, but I guess that goes with the territory, eh? This one kid would come into the store I worked in and go all the way to the back and just stare at me. Creepy. Another guy used to follow me around and once he came to my home and knocked on the door. I answered and he asked if I was home. I said no. He asked who I was and I told him I was my sister.

Some guy went crazy in a Californian McDonald's in 1984. He killed 21 people and injured 19 others before being shot and killed by the police. That was the first time I had heard of such madness. Why would you kill people enjoying their Big Macs? People in McDonald's are just hanging out, maybe having a hankering for some of the tasty french fries. Truly, McDonald's has the best french fries. (Except I hate how the grease coats the roof of my mouth.) You know, I have never had a Big Mac.

And Kobe Bryant was charged with what would inevitably cost him a really big diamond today in 2003.

Happy Birthday to: Vin Diesel. (I saw parts of xXx the other day. Thanks again for making that.), Kristen Bell. (When does the next season of Veronica Mars start? I hate the lack of summer programming.), Torii Hunter (Go Twins- that's for Marci), and Joe Torre. (I dreamed he was the principal of my high school once. Strange. I know.)

FYI: Today is World Kissing Day. Get out there and git to work! Lips are free all day.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your today in histories. I have to say today is quite a downer aside from the perfect 10!

7/18/2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

I agree, they are fun!

True, Sweet, but don't forget about World Kissing Day! But I guess that could be a downer too... since I don't have anyone to kiss.

7/18/2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

ME EITHER, Tyler. but as the lips are free, I say just go out there and lay one on someone.

Thanks, guys! That means a lot to me. I always feel I am boring the hell out of people.

It is a bummer day through out history. Does that mean that today will be awesome, or carry on with tradition? I am going with awesome.

7/18/2006 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're reading, people just don't always comment. You know how it is...

7/18/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Yes, I am the worst offender of lurking and never commenting.

7/18/2006 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Kiss me you fool?

I've never had a Big Mac either...

"You're cute but w/modifications you can be much better..." Yeah, my Dad used to say that all the time. Men...

7/18/2006 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I, too, have never had a Big Mac. We should start a club.

KISSSESSSSSSSSSSSS

I love kisses.

7/18/2006 05:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your page all the time, Bug, I just never have the time to comment. How is it that you bring out the inner-stalker in people, anyway? Or are they just freaks?

7/19/2006 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Kiss me!!! There should have been a mad rush on that Kiss My Face lip balm that tastes like mango, 'cause, yummy!
I had a cheeseburger from McDonald's last night, in honor of the CA slayings so many years ago. And the burger tried to relieve that horrible event in my belly. McDonald's is officially never to be visited by me again! Gah. I thought I was going to die. My epicurean belly can't handle such bourgeois fare. We can start that club now. I wanna be president.

HI Tony!!! Has that baby arrived yet? I dunno how I bring out the stalker in people. I think it is the movie star in me. I have always attracted the freaks. And I don't just mean men. Women are crazy around me, too. And here I am sooo nice. But it is like an alarm goes off in their heads when I am within a certain mile radius of them and they'll get into their cars to come and find me. Ask Jen. She witnessed it in WV.
It is why I have to hang out with Marci. Our wonder twin powers activate to disengage the crazy ones.

7/19/2006 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gah...I missed World Kissing Day?

=(

I got no kisses yesterday....not even a chocolate one.

...

hrmmm....

I'm okay with that.

7/19/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I can't believe you girls have never had a bigmac before, I mean I can, but I can't. They used to be my fav "sangwich" back in the day.

As for kisses, only got some from baby Nia and EJ, oh and my girls too, I guess I get lots of kisses with six kids in the house.

Anyone who needs kisses we got lots of lips in our home

7/20/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

On my way, Harms

7/21/2006 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home