Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

My latest bedfellow..



















When I was a little bug, I was terrified of this book. My mother thought this was hilarious. I used to scream every time I saw it.
I found the book recently in my mom's library and had to laugh at the fact that someone had drawn mustaches on some of the monsters. When we were in Boston a few weeks ago, my mother came to me where I was standing in line to get tour tickets with a great humored smile upon her face. She told me she saw something in the museum store that she needed to get for me, but she wanted me to see it first. So off we went, tour tickets in hand, to see this thing that apparently amused her so. She had to buy me a stuffed animal. She bought me Bernard. He sleeps in my bed with me now. I am not afraid of where the wild things are anymore. He keeps me safe.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The monster to which Baby Banana referred early, early today?

7/16/2006 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

The one and the same.

7/16/2006 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Awww, that's so cute! I used to love that book.

7/16/2006 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

My girls loved that book too.

7/17/2006 08:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. From the Childrens Museum down by the harbor I suppose? Hope you and your mom enjoyed your tour of "my" town. Glad you adopted Bernard to keep you safe!

7/17/2006 08:40:00 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

shifty eyes on that one...

7/17/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you going to call him Bernie for short?

7/19/2006 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home