Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The world is coming to an end.

First of all, I am writing on my blog. Does it make you happy, Rich? I think I am bored with my class being done and feel compelled to write stuff. (Be glad it is not about the Holocaust.)
I think reading leaving a copy of the Victory Secrets of Attila the Hun and The Art of War on my desk made my bosses think I was preparing for war. (This is a pile of hooey. I have so much junk on my desk that if they could find anything, I am sure those books are the last things they'd be looking at.) After several months of so much stress at work, I went to my new boss and asked him to be nicer to me. I told him I respond much better to someone expecting a ton from me than someone that talks down to me and expects me to overcome it. I don't know how you all are, but it just breaks me down and makes me very passive aggressive. We talked for a long time and he actually said a bunch of really great things and gave me good advice. In the days after our talk, he has followed through. Unbelievable. Then I got an awesome review. It was wayyyy better than I expected. I had gone in prepared to stand my ground and fight for every inch and I did not have to. THEN my boss gave me a birthday gift. In five years, I have never received a gift. I am floored. I have not opened it yet, but I can't wait.

I am going on this Fourth of July thing and I am being set up on a date... I am nervous, but it should be fun. Problem is that we will be on a boat, so if it sucks I may have to jump off. Hope my fat will help me to float.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

Congrats on the good review and the gift, that's awesome!!

And good luck on the 4th thing, I'm sure it'll be fine.

6/28/2006 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you just "call me out" ?

You are writing more than I am these days. I feel like such a slacker.

6/29/2006 04:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home