Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Queen's English is every language...

I am watching The Pianist and it dawned on me that I understand Polish! Okay, maybe not, but why is it that any film that takes place in a different land where it is understood that they speak a different language, the actors speak with a British accent? They did it in the Sound of Music, the Pianist.. etc..
Hey Jen, when you were speaking "French" to the guy in Quebec, you should have used a British accent, not a French one. He probably would have understood you then.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's pretty much how -- how you say? -- most of my accents sound anyway. Cheers! Jen

6/26/2006 08:25:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well....to be fair to the actors in Sound of Music....the two main leads are British.

6/26/2006 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Actually Christopher Plummer is Canadian. The kids were American. They just did it in a British Accent because of Julie Andrews.

6/26/2006 01:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, all the villians in movies speak with eastern european, spanish or middle eastern accents.

and Captain von Trapp (Christopher Plummer) wasn't British, he was Canadian

6/26/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I'll be buggered......I thought Plumber was English.

He speaks with an English accent in almost everything he does.

Wow.....color me wrong.

7/19/2006 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home