Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The other side of The Break Up

I also realize that we kind of make our own beds, as women, by doing so much for our men. Like when Brooke was crying on the bed and she said, "I did everything for you. I even laid out your clothes for you." I was thinking, geez, what if he didn't want you to lay out his clothes for him. I think we do so much and at some point realize that there is no return from him for it. We get mad. Poor guy doesn't know what happened as all this time you did everything for him and were okay with everything and then suddenly you're not. He is just supposed to change.
I get that we are to blame for parts of it, but DAMN! Can't you guys break through your comfort threshhold and show us (above and beyond your normal actions) that you care?

And stop trying to get away with everything. It is fucking annoying.

4 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

"I did everything for you. I even laid out your clothes for you."

I did everything for Lu (that I could think of, which was why he ended up becoming so spoiled and taking it all for granted?), even ironed his boxers (cuz they wrinkled up at the bottom edges and caused unsightly creases that showed through his dress slacks)! That was ridiculous, I know, and he even said "Babe! You don't have to do that!" And I'd retort with "Yeah, but do you want to wear wrinkley boxers that ride up?". No reply from him equaled 'You're right' to me so I kept on keeping on. Ridiculous. Yes, sometimes we do way more than is even expected of us w/little return but I did it because I'm anal. ;-) (I put outfits (dress shirt, tie, slacks) together in closet sometimes to take doubt of what matched out of the equation for him).

((head shake))

Great, now I need to go see this movie.

Who'd you see it with?

6/14/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

...am I to be condemned for not having the slightest desire to see this movie?

6/14/2006 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I didn't have a desire to see it either, a girlfriend dragged me. That being said...it's not a chick flick. I imagine all the guys present identified just as much with Vaughn (I forget character's name) ad the girls did with Brooke.

Now that you know what you're getting into Cluss, I wouldn't disadvise it...

6/14/2006 05:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see how anyone could identify with Vaughn, he was just this total asshole through the whole movie, which is what annoyed me. This was a totally one sided thing.

Not enough comedy either, the singing brother was only there for like five minutes.

6/15/2006 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home