Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy Birthday, Christoph

Today is my brother's 44th birthday. That would make him 11 years older than me. But he had to go when he was 37, and I am now 32. I am not quite ready to catch up with him yet.

When I was teeny, he would take me everywhere with him. I remember being in Frankfurt on the handlebars of his bike as he pedaled through the neighborhood. He even took me rollerskating with him and his friends, though he had pom-poms on his skates, and I didn't.

As we got older, we became even better friends. He had the rockin' pad and allowed me to bring all my pals over for a party. He took me hang-gliding. Well, he glided and I crashed. But it was fun.

We looked alike. I don't look like anyone else in my family.

I am having the hardest time remembering him. Certain smells, or lights hit me and and I am thrown back into a time where he was, but only so very briefly.

Happy Birthday, Christoph! You better be partying up hard with a ton of babes and all that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

This is sweet. Buggie....you are emotional despite your tough exterior.

6/03/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Happy Birthday Christoph. I always think back to the pic where we're all surrounding him and he's this sweet picture of a satisfied pimp in the middle of us. Why didn't I see the resemblence between you two before this picture?

6/05/2006 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I almost posted that picture. He looks scared, but can you blame him, being surrounded by all these bloodthirsty tramps? :)
We look crazy alike in this photo. It was my other brother's birthday and we were at Red Lobster, I think. Look at my sweet jeans. They go real highhh.

6/06/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Awww. I miss him.

I love you.

6/08/2006 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home