Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Today in History

On this day in 1884, John Harvey Kellog patented Corn Flakes.

A medical doctor, Kellogg was a bit loony in his desire to get people healthy through vegetarianism and enemas... (don't need an enema when you eat tons of fruit.. I'm just sayin'.) He also was intensely against sex, so much that he never touched his wife of 41 years in such a manner.
"A remedy for masturbation which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment. In females, the author has found the application of pure carbolic acid to the clitoris an excellent means of allaying the abnormal excitement." (GAH!)
If you called him poopy, he would take that as a compliment. He was obsessed with the bowel. 90% of his practice dealt with it. "There is nothing that a clean bowel can't handle."

Just wanted to give you something to think about the next time you sit down with Tony the Tiger. (Or that strange little rooster that graces the Corn Flakes box. Cornelius Rooster was created just for the Corn Flakes boxes, but with no specific message... I guess roosters like corn.... And poop a lot....)

6 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Uh... that's enough to make me never eat Corn Flakes again.

Not that I really eat them anyway, but now I definitlely won't.

5/31/2006 01:59:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him! Who knew Kellog was such a shit face? I apologize for my ranting but I'm heated over here. He didn't touch his wife in such a way in 41 years? I went through that for mere months and almost stabbed someone because of the emotional/physical abuse it was for me. Carbolic acid to the clitoris? Foot to the anus, is what I say! (Though he probably would have liked that?) Down w/Kellog! ((holding up fist and waving it in front of face)) BAH! That's all I can say.

Angry and disgusted,
Clussy~

5/31/2006 02:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Male circumcision is bad and mean, and makes both partners enjoy sex less. It's been proven with science and everything.

But here's a Ducktales song in chinese or something to prove it...

http://uncutohh.ytmnd.com/

5/31/2006 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Wow! Controversial topics are interesting! I am kind of over Kellogg's stuff myself after reading about him. I have a bad feeling this entry is going to bring people to me searching for masturbation, etc...

6/01/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

...I thought all someone needed to do for that was search themselves

6/01/2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

You'd think they would not have a free hand to type with...

6/01/2006 02:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home