Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter Photo Blog

Marci and I hosted an Easter dinner at my house this year. We invited several friends. We had no idea how competitive Rich is. But now we know, and are sufficiently impressed and scared. But he got beat by a girl twice, today. The same girl. This one.

The kitchen was severly abused. But the menu consisted of some dee-lish things. On the appetizer table were "resurrection eggs" (Because the devil was not invited to our Easter party...deviled eggs), cheese and fruit platter, bread and olive tapenade and candy. Dinner was fresh mashed potatoes, beef wellington, provincial peas and a big salad. Lots of wine and tada! Dessert was mastered by Marci. She outdid herself with a rhubard torte and cupcakes, which were not devil's food, but rather cupcakes of the garden of Gethsemene. (Cause Jesus was arrested there.......) This is the destroyed kitchen.

This is Marci making the place so pretty. Those tulips never cheered up. Wonder if they missed the news that Jesus arose from the dead and that they should rejoice!

This is the egg hunt. Rich dominated. Angel was upset that she found no eggs. But I think she just needs to try a little harder. She is holding one that Jen found.

B was not so lucky either. He found ONE! (Second lowest..)

The egg smashing contest was a smashing success. Jen tried and failed to defeat Clussy's dominating egg. Clussy is egg smasher eggstraordinaire! (Didja see what I did there?)


Omigod. We are so cute, I could die. but I don't have to because God sent his only begotten son so that I may live forever.The submissions for the art (crayon coloring) contest. The winning artistic rendering and its adoring artist.
But in the end, the winner of the big basket (It had to go to a trivia tie-breaker) was Clussy. She answered how many mm are in a km correctly. (1 million). It was a three-way tie for Rich found the most eggs, B won the coloring contest and Clussy had the dominating egg. (many people thought the egg smash dominator should be the winner, but we had to be fair. She kicked ass! AND shared her winnings anyway.

Happy Easter everyone!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...I'm pretty sure this was the best Easter dinner ever. Amazing food, entertaining fun and games, leaving with a feeling of euphoria that can only be induced by great company and a serious sugar buzz AND an answser that can be applied to many questions: "Jesus DIED." [full circle]. Bug and Marci: you gals sure know how to entertain. xxoo Jen

4/17/2006 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Roar Savage said...

It's Rich! He came down, how nice!

4/17/2006 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Roar - But we had to force him to eat! He was an Easter dinner glutton, our dinner was his third of the evening!

Buggie - Is the picture of the beef on my camera? Because that was a serious main course. You done good. Everything turned out fabulously, I can't wait for another reason for a party :)

And thanks Jen, I was sooooooooo excited you were able to come. And for the Easter Triathalon and main course even! Heart you so hard.

4/17/2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

That was so much fun. I really enjoy doing that. Marci and I are such a team! I have not gotten to try my cupcakes yet, but I sure cried hard to get to keep them.

The Beef Wellington is on your camera. Those pictures are all the ones I took. I can't wait to see yours.

I need a nap. You people tire me out.

Jen! Full circle, baby. You always bring it 'round.

Roar, next time you will come.

4/17/2006 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Most eggscellent gathering!

I will sip on my 7 deadly zins and think back fondly to that fateful day when I crushed the competition.

Love you both!

4/18/2006 09:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!!

4/18/2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Moxie said...

You just cant go wrong with a coloring contest! Too much fun. So domestic of you guys, nice work!

4/18/2006 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I am so sad I missed it!!! I was driving back from MI while you all were par-taying hard.

4/18/2006 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

The art was definitely museum worthy!
Way to crush to competition, Cluss.

Harms, make it next time, okay? That is two you missed, PUNK

4/19/2006 09:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home