Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, June 12, 2006

xXx

Yes, we are up to the third letter in my alphabet series.
X is to represent the greatest baddddd movie in the world, xXx.
Marci and I decided to see this Vin Diesel vehicle at Springfield Mall wayyy back in 2002. Springfield Mall has many a story for me, but this is not the time. The time is for xXx! Both Marci and I were having those "the world is crumbling around my ears" kinds of weeks and needed to watch some mindless explosions. Little did we know what we were in for.
I have to believe that this screenplay was written by two fourteen year old boys. First off, the lead character is Xander Cage. C'mon! That could not be an anymore super hero-ey and fan-frickin-tastic name. If I was 14, that is the name I would give myself. (I won't tell you my super secret spy name, nor Marci's, cause then we have to chase you down the mountain with a huge avalanche coming after you and us shouting "Catch 'em quick! Kill 'em slow." - like in xXx.) Oh this movie, with the tattoos, and the leather and the Russian bad guys... Seriously, do we still consider Russians to be bad guys in 2002? Maybe they were Czech? Nope, I looked on IMDB and they said Russian crime ring.
Xander Cage: "I like anything fast enough to do something stupid in." That sounds to me like dumbass 14 year old thinking.
Gibbons: "The name's Gibbons. Augustus Gibbons." COME ON! That is just blatant!
Yorgi: "Now that business is over... we party..." Kolya: "Bitches, come!" This might just be my favorite. Replace Yorgi with Marci, and Kolya with Buggie and that is the average conversation on weekends for us.
But the all-time best sequence is between the Russain guards. Ivan 1 says "How's life" and Ivan 2, bored, says "Life is shit." and Ivan 1 returns with "What can you do?" Awesome dialogue. Even more impressive is that this exchange is in Russian and we read the subtitles and enjoy the body language. Marci and I related hard to this exchange. But the movie perked us up and so if you feel like life is shit, then I will tell you what to do... Watch xXx!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Best bad movie evah!

Seriously, we couldn't have had a more perfect evening. Remember when we shed a tear when they trashed all those cars?

Bitches recognize.

6/12/2006 05:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home