Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Break Up

I saw The Break Up last night. OOh, that movie made me mad. Why is it that guys never address the issue? Male pride gets bruised and they just walk away. Have we, as women, trained them to not have to do anything to remedy the arguments? Aren't men fixers? Shouldn't they say, hey, you are mad at me, let me fix that? Instead they just lay about, hurt and angry, waiting for (what the woman will eventually do anyway) her to do something to get them back together. Why can't the man do that, take the first step? Why is it always up to the woman?
In the meantime, guys do some of the most stupid shit on the planet to demonstrate their unhappiness instead of saying they are sorry, or attempting to do something good. Then when there finally is some sort of reconcilliation, it is too late.
Women have an immense capacity to look past stupid behavior from the men they love. But if we become resentful due to lack of any sort of return, we are suddenly aware of all the stupid behavior, and lose the tolerance. Then the man finally recognizes what he has lost and wants it back.. But we can only see the childish, stupid side anymore. It's over.
And what is it with men wanting everything, and not giving their all to anything? Gah! I am never dating again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

It wasn't a sugar-coaty movie and that is what I liked about it. I thought it was a fair representation. For that, I should have warned you to stay away...I don't need you any more jaded than you already are :\

6/14/2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I'm actually wanting to see this movie. Do you think it'll fuel my resentment though?

Some men are just as you described Buggie but I hold out complete hope that there are also ones that admit their wrongs and ammend them before it's too late, recognize a good thing when they have it and do everything in their power to hold on to a good woman's love. ((glazed over look)) ((sigh)) Call me a big, naive, sappy romantic but I just do.

6/14/2006 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I love that you are such a romantic, Claudette. I guess I am not. But there has never been the equality in my relationships, so I have never seen what I am missing. All I see is big piles of crap. Bah! You should have warned me , Marci. But it probably wouldn't have changed a thing, except that these two fan-frickin-tastic entries would not have been written. And maybe I would be in a better mood today. But I doubt it.
Signed,
A bitter bug. :(

6/14/2006 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds to me like perhaps you need to change the type of man to whom you are attracted.

6/15/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I completely agree with you that guys need to take a more active role in fixing issues in relationships. I have always tried to do that when I have had problems in the past. I think it is something that my mom taught me. Not just in romantic relationships, but in any relationship.

Good post.

6/16/2006 03:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home