Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Today in 1752

Ben Franklin proved that lightning is electricity. We all know the kite and the key thing and how Ben Franklin thought turkeys were cool. Did you know he had gout and was carried around town on some sort of settee? That would be nice; the carrying, not the gout.

Of course we can all remember trips to Ben Franklin, the crafts store. At least I can. My mom was very handy and made all my costumes and such. My cousin and I, at the ripe age of 10 or so, went to Ben Franklin's and bought an assortment of puffballs, glued eyes on them and created long stories about these puffball families. Such fun. (I was a creative little Bugger.) The random lone puffball with maybe a lone dangling eye makes an appearance every now and then at my mom's house. Have no idea where they hide or why they come out, but there they are. (Gone. That's for you, Marci and Jen.)

Ben Franklin was well known for so many things like bifocals, the printing press, and daylight savings time, but did you know that he created the catheter, too? (Hope that you never need one.- especially the internal kind...)

I love him most for the fact that he said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Here are some other things he said.

I found this quote appropo for those of us in the blogging profession... er... field.

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worthy reading,or do things worth the writing. - Ben Franklin.

This quote is so fitting for the previous three posts. ( Ben Franklin was a smart man.)
One good Husband is worth two good Wives; for the scarcer things are, the more they're valued. - Ben Franklin

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like this one myself:

"He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of Christianity will change the face of the world." - Benjamin Franklin

6/15/2006 11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and everyone hated him for being an athiest.

6/15/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(not that he was an athiest, he just got accused of it a lot)

6/15/2006 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

What? You mean I haven't been getting paid to blog all this time?

6/15/2006 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Beer! And dere it was. Gone.

Cuz we drank it. The End.

Did he ever say anything about vodka? Because, then, I would have to worship him.

6/15/2006 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Moxie said...

Ben Franklin craft store - haha, forgot about that place. I probably spent most of my allowance money at that place. I think it was usually on my worthless Garbage Pail Kid Card collection.


.. did someone say vodka?!?

6/15/2006 08:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home