Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Four by four.

  1. Four jobs I have had in my life:

    1. Photo lab register person – One time, people had photos of a birth. Nasty. Do that with a Polaroid. (Or now you could go digital.) AW! With the advent of the digital camera, I may soon be able to say that I have had a job that no longer exists!
    2. Cage cleaner at a pet store - (2x) I quit the one store because they were highly inhumane to the little puppies. But I loved cleaning cages so much that I found the same job at another store.
    3. Waitress/Bartender – All across America. Geez. I waited on Mario Lopez once and Kristy McNichol. Oh, and Linda Hamilton came into the restaurant and ate pasta with red sauce and looked miserable about it. However, working at Bennigan’s gave me the greatest gifts. Her, her and her.
    4. Clothing store – My biggest pet peeve was when I had to dust the rounders. Make me clean out the (what could be very disgusting, what with used diapers and assorted other nasty human filth) dressing rooms, or fold all the tables. But I hated to dust! AND I hated to refold tables that were already folded. Busy work is stupid. However, I do have a funny anecdote about a day at work. We were doing inventory and one of the managers remarked to another manager about my friend Dawn, “Look how bowlegged she is.” Then, in what I have to assume was a completely separate thought “Hey, Dawn! You have a boyfriend?”

    Four movies I would watch over and over (or have watched over and over):

    1. Tank Girl - “It’s been swell, but the swelling’s gone down now.”
    2. Notting Hill – Even with the whole monologue about “Being a girl, in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” That was lame, but I love that movie.
    3. The Sound of Music- (Or as Christopher Plummer called it “The Sound of Mucus” Ha!) Beyond my adoration for Julie Andrews, I have other reasons for loving that movie. “Happy oh lay, lady oh lady di oh, oh lady oh odelay ee oo.”
    4. The Fifth Element – Bruce Willis. I really used to love him. But it's Milla Jovovich who sells me here. I think her portrayal of Leeloo is brilliant. Especially near the end when she is watching the encyclopedia movies in fast forward and gets to W for war. Her reactions are remarkable. “Multi-pass.”


    Four TV shows I Love (or have loved):

    1. Gilmore Girls - Pretty, fast talking smarty-pantses. I can relate. (Tee-hee)
    2. Medium – I like this show a lot. I feel like it is the best representation of a marriage and the relationship between a man and woman on television.
    3. er – First couple of seasons. Never ended an episode without bawling about something. I don’t know what happened, but while it is still good, it is not as good as it used to be. I will bunch Grey’s Anatomy in here. I like that show, but it is teetering with me right now. I hate the whole premise of Dr. McCheaty and Meredith McSlutty-Insecure. (Yeah, her name is hyphenated.)
    4. Veronica Mars – She is adorable, smart and wise-cracky. Hmm, I see a theme here. I like pretty, smart and snarky people.

    Four places I have been on vacation:

    1. Bulgaria. Swam around in the Black Sea. Wonder if that will ever come to bite me in the arse. (Strange things afoot in the Black Sea, they say.)
    2. Prague- Cold. Beer. Yum. (Okay, I really got way more out of that trip than just cold beer.
    3. I’ve been to Canada, eh?
    4. To almost every state in the 48. But I need to go back.


    Four of my favorite foods:

    1. Berries. Because I’m a bug!
    2. Fudgesicles, but only Giant brand, which they don’t have anymore!
    3. Anything my mom or sister will cook for me.
    4. I like food I have to work at to eat. Examples, artichokes and things with layers that I can eat layer by layer. I like to complicate the eating process. Feed me Raclette or fondue and you will have a happy little bug.



    Four things that irk my nerves
    1.People who are super ueber-political. Unless they are actually making a change in the world. It seems to me that political types are only into it for the power and prestige it represents and don't really do anything to make the world a better place.
  2. When people call in to radio stations and then say "Is it me?". That's just stupid and it needs to stop right now.
  3. Bad grammar. I absolutely cringe when people say "Where you at?" And to promote it with a commercial. Are we trying to dumb down America.
  4. Movie and television studios thinking Americans are dumb. Maybe we are, but if you hold us to a higher standard, we'll do a much better job of living up to than if you continually dumb everything down. Don't explain what exsanguination is. Make the bastard go look it up!

9 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

I enjoyed this post!! I don't think the film developers will ever go out of business as long as my daughters' and I are around. I was looking last night and realized in the last two, yes, TWO months I have developed almost 50 rolls of film!! WTF!!!!!!!!! Some of those were the kids. I too treasure Bennigans as one of my favorites, went to eat there yesterday for my bday and thought about my girls!!! :) And sorry I use bad grammer all the time around you, I work at that, k!! ;)

6/28/2006 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Ugh... clothing store. Things I found in the dressing rooms include:

- plastic bag filled with urine
- plastic bag containing poo-filled diaper
- solitary bikini bottom with blood-stained liner

Seriously.

6/28/2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Still w/'ew' face on after i-66's sharing. ((blank face))

I still have dreams about waiting on tables at Bennigan's. More like nightmares actually. That was like our initiation into adult-hood?

I agree whole heartedly on Notting Hill being a great one to see again and again. "Oh God, this is one of those key moments in life, when it's possible you can be really, genuinely cool - and I'm failing 100%."

6/28/2006 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Ew. That is like the stuff I found, too! Nasty. People are so gross.
Harms, I am bringing my Nikon on vacation with me. I can't wait to snap some photos.
I don't dream about Bennigan's anymore. I used to all the time.

6/28/2006 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I think my retail career was officially at its apex the day before I told a customer that what he was trying to do (meet a "spend $50 and get a free hat" requirement by returning $40 worth of stuff he just bought and buy it back with another $10 worth to get the hat) was "f$#king bullsh#%"

...I didn't even really get disciplined much for it since my supervisor loved me, but I figured at that point it was time to get out.

6/28/2006 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

This is awesome. Thanks for telling the politicos off. They deserve it.

6/28/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Where you at?

6/28/2006 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Gah! I'll git you.
When are we happy houring again?

6/28/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I should make a comment about how I hate people who can't format their damn webpages. But I lazy and it was pissing me off and I have no idea why those daisies replaced the damn number thing I had going on.

6/28/2006 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home