Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Buggie's beauty corner

I am going to tell you of some of my favorite beauty products. Lucky!


  • Mascara: I have been on the hunt for the best mascara since I first bought that little green and pink container from Maybelline. It is not the best, but if you have pretty, naturally long and curled eyelashes, it will work just fine. I have tried Lancome, Chanel, Shiseido, Dior, Benefit, Vincent Longo, Paula Dorf.... Well hell, you name it, I've tried it. The important thing to know about my eyelashes is that they are straight. Really straight. And stubborn. Hmm, kind of like me. I curl them with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and they are beautiful. But if I put any of the aforementioned masacaras on my lashes, they are straight again. Sucks! The only mascara I have found that keeps my curl is Shu Uemura's basic mascara. Don't believe the curling mascara crap. It is not true. If your eyelashes are like mine, buy this.
  • Let's go shop at Origins for a moment. This may be the best store in the world. They have a pumice stone that does not crumble. Everyone should have one of these in their shower to attack the skank that is called foot. Since having one, my feet are soft and supple. Mm, hmm. Seriously, though.. Best pumice stone I have ever come across. Also, Origins is home to the most yummy scented lotions and soaps. I really love the Ginger Bar. It is the hugest bar of soap you will ever see! Their whipped body cream will keep your skin soft all day. Also, I recently tried their "No Deposit shampoo" which is a clarifying shampoo and topped that off with "Rich Rewards" conditioning treatment, and my tresses have never been so glorious. Wow, I really love Origins. They have great stuff. You can do no wrong there. (Can't think of a great gift? Go to Origins. Everyone likes that stuff. I even got my ex hooked on it. And Jen gave me some great stuff for my birthday!)
  • The prettiest toenail color is by OPI, called "I'm not really a waitress".But some of their best names are: "Miso Happy with this Color" and "Don't Wine, Yukon Do it". They even have one called "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ, which ain't right. It's funny, but not right. I want to name nail polish for OPI.
  • By now I am sure everyone knows how great MAC's Studiofix and Spice lip liner are, right? Keep in mind that Whirl is a great lip liner, too.
  • Fresh has the best hand cream. It costs a half million dollars, but makes skin so soft and has the best scent I have ever come across. And while we are shopping at Fresh, here are my directions for a great at home facial with Fresh products.

Wash your face with your regular cleanser and splash clean with water. Dry your face and then spray it with Rose Marigold Floral Water. Apply the Sugar Face Polish to your face and exfoliate gently. Place two chamomile teabags in a big bowl with hot water and steam your face for 3 minutes. (Yes, with the sugar scrub on your face.) Wash the scrub off and respray your face with the floral water. (This keeps your skins nice and hydrated.) Then apply the Umbrian Clay Face treatment. You can either use the Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar, or the Umbrian Clay Face Treatment. (Marci has the bar and she says it lasts forever! Plus, you can use it as a spot treatment.) Leave the clay treatment on your face for 5 minutes, and wash off. Again, spray your face with the floral water. Next comes the Rose Face Mask. Leave this on for ten minutes. This stuff is great because it really rehydrates your skin, especially after the clay treatment sucked out all the yuck. Marci likes to put the rose mask on top of the clay mask. I say, try both ways and see what works better for ya. Wash the rose mask off. Spray again with the floral water, apply afantastic moisturizer. I like the Night Essential enriched moisturizer from Shiseido. Then spend the rest of your day relaxing, eating popsicles on the couch watching the Family Guy.

Ok, I am spent, and I probably lost all three of my male readers.

10 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

[blank stare]

7/17/2006 02:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a worthy effort, but you will not lose me so easily. I will, however, go along with I-66 in the blank stare. I may be wrong in thinking that my appearance would not be substantially improved by mascara, but I'm satisfied to remain wrong without having the point proven. Toenail polish maybe, mascara no. Unless Claudette demands it as a condition of sock puppet bebe daddyhood.

7/17/2006 03:34:00 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

I think I was meant to be a boy cuz halfway through the facial directions I was like, "you ARE joking, right?"

Thats too much work. This is also perhaps the reason why Im still getting the monthly pimple at almost 29 years of age. hmm.

7/18/2006 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

No, it is way too much work. But I am giving the directions of the facial I got at Fresh in NY last year. But it is kind of nice to totally pamper yourself and have the glowy skin after! I was feeling rather girly yesterday.

Hey Bill, I think toenail polish would be lovely.

7/18/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I have the Shisheido eyelash curler and my tried and true trick that keeps my lashes curled all day and not needing mascara is to point the blow dryer at the curler for about 10 seconds, test to make sure it won't singe your delicate eye area and curl... It's... It's... (sniff)(sniff) changed my life. Opened my eyes up completely. If I do nothing cosmetically all day, that is the only thing I must do to feel made up enough to bat my lashes.

Bill, no, toe nail polish, no light dusting of face powder, no... Hold tight to your manhood. Ack, that sounded wrong. Yet so right?

Thank you for the rundown Buggie. Looks like I'm inspired for a pampering evening as well now. You've piqued my curiosity about the Sugar Face Polish. Must check it out.

Kisses on your radiantly glowing cheeks. Er, The ones on your face.

((telling pervy voices in my head to shut it))

7/18/2006 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Do you exfoliate and pamper (heh) it too? I'm kinda turning into an ass girl as a matter of fact. I'm digging them.

Ew, so many things wrong w/what I said above. My mind is the dirtiest place to roll around in and need a shower after, kinda place.

7/19/2006 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Well, you know J. Lo ain't got nothing on my ass... Or as the boys in G-Town used to offend me "Honey, you got a fried chicken ass." Hmph. Not a compliment to me...
How do you like my bottom, Claudette?

7/20/2006 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Lightly toasted w/a lil bit of jelly?

7/20/2006 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Heh. You are out of control.

7/20/2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

You have no idea.

I'm seriously jonesing for PBnJ sandwhich now.

7/20/2006 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home