Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, July 21, 2006

What day is it today?

At the end of yesterday I kept telling people to have a great weekend... I will call them over the weekend... Stuff like that, because I believed it was Friday. Friday!But it was not Friday, was it? No. It was Thursday. So I told my boss that if I did not show up to work on Friday (today), it was because I thought yesterday was Friday.
Last week I woke up on Sunday at 9:30 am. I rolled over and looked at my clock and thought crap! Am I late for work? What day is it? What did I do yesterday? But I did not move from the comfort of my bed until I was certain that I was not late for work, that it was still the weekend.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I need a big clock that tells me the day, or something.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

I've actually done that. Thought it was Saturday when it was really friday.

I got in to work like 3 hours late.

heh. oopsy.

7/21/2006 09:10:00 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

What would be crazy is waking up minutes before you'd normally be at work, frantically brushing your teeth, getting dressed, and actually getting to the door to leave before realizing it was actually Saturday.

...not that I've ever done that.

7/21/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Ta Da!

Happens to me all the time... I think it's great that you were literally telling everyone to have a great weekend though. That's just the icing on the cake.

Happy Fritag!

7/21/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I have done both, but the thinking it's Friday thing, happens to me all the damn time!!!!!!!! It's the worst.

And Trish, I remember that day when you showed up late, HAAAAA!!!!!

7/21/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Hee hee Trish! That sucks.
I-66, when I was about 12, I got up and looked at the clock. I freaked out and ran all the way to school. When I got there, the doors were closed and some of the teachers were just starting to arrive. I walked back home. I was two hours early. The friend I walked to school with said she saw me running up the street and wondered what that was about.

Oh it sucks when you think the week is over and you have a whole other day. Bah!

7/21/2006 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home