Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, October 03, 2005

What an asset I was in high school.

Or perhaps I should say assette..?
I took a home ec class my junior year. We had to pay at the beginning of the semester for supplies. One week we baked cookies. Don't know what they tasted like because, as much of the rest of the stuff we baked, our cookies were donated to the faculty meeting. Every Friday, we had to write a review of what we had learned in class and how we liked it. My review one week involved something to the regards of "I had fun baking these cookies, but maybe would have enjoyed it more were I able to have taste them instead of having to give them up to the ungrateful faculty slime." Sure did go there. But I was mad. They never once said thank you. We were never asked if we would like to share our cookies (Stop thinking dirrty), we had to pay for the damn supplies that bought those cookies and we slaved over a hot oven for those cookies that never even got to pass our teenaged lips. Bastards. I think that class was 4th period. I was only in 5th period for about 23.5 seconds before I was yanked into our administrator Ms. Chandler's office. She was furious with me. Especially for the "ungrateful faculty slime" part. Maybe the slime part was going a bit too far. She made me call my mommy and tell her what I did. So I did. I told her everything, sparing no detail. Of course, I did this in German and I had an advisor's hackles going wayyyyy up. She snatched the phone from my hand and asked my mother to repeat what I said. Well, of course I told her the truth and she repeated it faithfully. Then she told Ms. Chandler to stop bothering her at work with such ridiculous issues and let me get back to a class that matters. So she had to let me go back to Chemistry which she had pulled me out of. I gave her a sweet smile as I left.
See what an asset I was?

(I still think I was right, though... Could have maybe handled it better, but damn! It's high school.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhh.......I never do tire of that store.

Buggie scores 1 for the students!

10/03/2005 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uhm....story even. (not store)

10/03/2005 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I was so confused for a while. I could not even try reading the second comment because I was working hard on the what store could it be..?
And why do I have the feeling that you are mocking me?

10/03/2005 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Probably because I like to mock you.

But no. I'm being serious. I love that story.

Gave ol' Chandler the 1-2 K.O.

10/03/2005 11:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was like a total caricature of a crusty old dean from a college movie. Ugh, and she was so useless to the whole apparatus of that high school, she just lived to give kids a hard time about things that weren't important.

Who was your Home-Ec teacher that they would show that to her?

10/04/2005 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

I want cookies.

I think I am just going to comment of everyone's blog and say that. Cuz, I really like cookies.

10/04/2005 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Run said...

That's a great story...the post story cookie munchies I've got-not so great.

Bake on!

10/04/2005 05:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home