Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sports Illustrated, here I come! Woooo!

Let's go straight to eight. The years 9-12, not too interesting. My 8th birthday was in Oregon. We had a family reunion with my Dad's side of the family. I am the youngest there by far. My uncle is Roger and my cousins teased me that Mr. Rogers was my uncle. I didn't believe them, but... what if...? So I watched the show with a queer eye for that straight guy.
I loved Men at Work and while my siblings and cousins were off doing teenaged things, I was rocking out by my lonesome to "you better run, you better take a bath." which in actuality, as it turns out, goes "You better run, you better take cover." Lesson learned in a car, 20 years later, when I was singing loudly along and my pal turns the radio down and says, "What did you just sing?"
Third grade. I had straight B's and considering I always ran to the bathroom when it was time to turn in homework, it was amazing! I was an uninspired student, to put it lightly. The part that gets me, is that I think that I could have easily been a straight A student. But I need inspiration. Not self driven.
I am wearing a tube top in this picture that I got from a cousin. I guess it had been planned for me to "Euro" it out there in just my wee little shorts at the lake. But even at the tender age of 7 and 363 days, I was not very exhibitionistic. I had that phase many years later and still in a blushy, square sort of way. I guess I don't feel like you need to see what I can offer unless I want you to. So, I wore a tube top and yanked it up all day long.
I think I still look the same. Just a wee bit taller.


2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

HOW RUDE!!! You post a pic of you in a bathing suit and they offer up appetite suppressants for your possible weight issue? They want us all to look like Nicole Richie and Kimberly Stewart! Ahhh, the horror!

Love this pic and it does look like you, more than the other pics actually. This is so much fun! Thanks for letting us stroll down memory lane w/our favorite Buggie.

9/07/2005 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

You are so frakin' cute, I love it!!! Momma and Poppa made beautiful baby!!!! Like Cluss, I still see that little girl in you sometimes!! :)

9/08/2005 08:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home