Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Age 12

Ah, first year of junior high school. I don't really remember much specifically about it. I thought having my own locker was pretty damn awesome. My friend Eunice was a forward looking crusher in having a poster of Kelly Slater in her locker. Most people did not realize he was hot until recently. I think I had posters of Cyndi Lauper or something in that vein...
One thing that is vital to know about me from this time in my life is that 7th grade was the beginning of my personal responsibility of my hair. Until then, my mother brushed and braided my hair every single day before I headed off to elementary school.
I was born and lived in Germany until I was close to six, and my mother had some pretty firm ideas about how a young lady should look. Yeah, I heard it all. "Hey, Pippi Longstockings." or they would grab my hair and pretend I was a pony.
So, I was in charge of brushing my hair. My hair was really long and it was a big pain in the butt to brush it, so instead I ran a brush over it to put it into a pony tail at the base of my neck. I also had some super stylin' feathered bangs that I estimate I used an entire container of hairspray on every morning. After a while, the hair at the base of my neck grew into a massive rats nest. A friend spent the night one night and using an entire bottle of detangler, worked a brush through my hair properly. After that, I think I cut my hair. Too damn hard to take care of all that!
Check out the attempt at makeup application in my 7th grade photo. I had some purple eyeshadow and after having applied it one time, my sister remarked to me how similar I was to a panda bear. I loved this red outfit. I got it at Kids R Us. My teeth are HUGE! I used to ask the dentist to file them down. He told me I would grow into them, and I suppose I did. My hair isn't short, it is in the infamous rat's nest ponytail. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the chevy hybrid better!

Anyhow, that's the cutest little boy I've ever seen. I'll read your post later...

9/04/2005 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I think that would have been my fave outfit at 12 too if I had it. I love it in that nostalgia kinda way. Wow, you are digging back, aren't ya?

This is fun.

11 please!

9/04/2005 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger pstvnrgy said...

Okay, the kind of smirky "take the f'n picture" look on your face is priceless. The only thing that would top it off is if you were flipping off the camera! ;)

What city please? Where are you at Buggie?

9/05/2005 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Oh the horrors of dressing one's self at such a tender age. The things our parents let us wear...

9/06/2005 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home