Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Wanna dance? Er.. not really...

This is age 12 or 13. My first formal. It was at a military academy my friend's older brother went to in Pennsylvania.
My mom made this dress for me. I was super self conscious about my concave chest, so I needed a dress with ginormously puffy sleeves. I was soo pretty in my dress and so inept on the dance floor that I stared at my feet the entire time, just kind of rocking in a bizarre manner.
The best part about my dress is that a while later, I went to a party at some rich kid's house and their wallpaper was the same material as my dress. SWEET!
AND I found a picture of my sister from this era. (She was about 17/18.) She had the same hairstyle! It was the thing! I am not just a freak with wings on my head.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm getting this Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" kinda' vibe from this photo.

Awwww....

9/06/2005 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Could you please do the following reading for me whilst wearing the gown please?:
Scarlett: Sir, you are no gentleman.
Rhett Butler: And you, Miss, are no lady.

I love the pose though, that's the absolute best.

9/06/2005 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I would have died and gone to heaven to have worn such an elaborate, material-laden dress at that age! Our poor little pre-teen souls!

Also agree with Cluss, awesome pose!

9/07/2005 09:22:00 AM  
Blogger Run said...

Love the pic you look so pretty! I remember the puffy sleeves...I liked them they helped me hide...

9/07/2005 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Thanks Busted!
I had to pose like this, so's you could see the huge-normous bow. Isn't my hair sweet? And the corsage that is bigger than I am and lived in the freezer for like, ever!

9/07/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God -- I love it all. So freakin' adorable.

9/07/2005 07:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oopss...last (7:45) post is from me (Jen)
xxxoooo

9/07/2005 07:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home