Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wrote this using a No. 2 pencil

I'm back in school. It's great. I am enjoying it. Strangely, I really like being graded. I like completing an assignment and having a tangible score for the work I did. Maybe it is because it is something that I don't really get anywhere else right now. In any case, I like knowing where I stand, and that A in my class is a pretty clear indicator to me.
I have been harking back to my days of mandated school going. I never did homework. Well, rarely. VERY RARELY. Yet, I skated through schools on a fairly solid C/B average. (Average being the key word.) When I did do my homework, I almost always got an A. So what the hell? I am rather miffed with myself now, knowing that I could have been a straight A student, had I not been so damn lazy. I am irritated with my teachers for not inspiring me to be an A student. I know that you could say that it was my job to be motivated and to do my work, but I was a kid. That is a teacher's job. To inspire. I am not blaming them solely, but I do think they are close to equal with me for my apathy in school. They had no problems encouraging the straight A kids. you know the ones, they loved being in school and doing homework and yadda yadda yadda. They could not have failed if you put a gun to their heads. You know the type.
I did have the occasional teacher, like Mr. Natale, who impressed me, so I wanted to impress him. But for each of him, I had two like Mrs. Alexander, who accused me of cheating on a test on a book I had written an "A" paper on the year before in Mr. Natale's class. She did not even see me "cheating", but just had a feeling and tried to fail me. By the way, I got every question on that test right, and the person I had been cheating off of got a D. I also had my lovely chem teacher whose name I can't remember because I spent most of her class in the hall. Yeah. In the beginning of the year, before my desk was relocated, I asked if I could come after class because I did not get the material. She said no. I said, how about lunch? She said, how about you read the book again and figure it out yourself. Great! Thanks.
Anyhoooooo, loving being back in school. Loving it. It's a good thing, too, because I have another 2.5 years to go.
Anyone wanna sponsor me? Give me a prize for every A I get? The max is 16 prizes, because that is how many classes I have to take.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Natalie was definitely one cool dude. I liked him....despite being thrown from his class for no reason because of some racist psycho hose beast.whore.bitch.psycho......whore. Nope...not still upset about that at all.(that bitch) I guess I didn't really care since I got called to Ms. Chandler's office later that day. We had a nice chat and sent be back to class, which kind of sucked. Chandler loved me, like that's a stretch. I mean ... really ... people love me. I don't know why....they just do. (Except that racist psycho hose beast.etc...)

---

"They had no problems encouraging the straight A kids. you know the ones, they loved being in school and doing homework and yadda yadda yadda. They could not have failed if you put a gun to their heads. You know the type."

Why do I feel like that's an indictment of me.

/me pouts and closes eyes so he can't see the finger pointing (and 'cause it turns one invisible don'tcha'know)

9/28/2005 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Do punches count as prizes? Cuz I'll totally punch you for every A you get. And I'll punch you twice for every A you get when you cry beforhand about how bad you suck.

Kisses!
Loving you, so proud!

9/29/2005 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

But did you get your lunchbox and various school supplies as well? Wear your best new outfit for the first day of virtual class?

Good for you Buggie. We tell you all the time how intelligent you are (it doesn't hurt that you are curious enough to WANT to learn more about everything too) but I can see how this affirmation in front of you (actually A for grade) is solid enough to really acknowledge and pat yourself on the back for.

You're a cute nerd. ;-)

9/30/2005 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was MG serious about actually getting along with Chandler?

She tried to give me saturday school once for not showing up for detention. The penalty for not showing up for saturday school was a one day "suspension" (vacation) I didn't show up but she refused to give me my alloted time off!

10/02/2005 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I loves you Buggy, I know I am all late at reading this, but I have been so freaking busy.

Anyway, I will give you 16 prizes for every "A", you have to come to my house for the rewards though with grades in hand :)

Here (at work) we give employees $4000 for education and they use it, anyway I have to push through the expense reports and I was just telling Robin (my boss) that everytime an "A" comes through I am so proud and sometimes I send little emails to the employees to let them know. :)

Keep up the good work smarty pants

10/03/2005 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Aw guys, thanks for all the support!!! I will come to your house, Harms, to retrieve my prizes. Be careful. Class #1 is almost done and I have a strong A in dere. 2 more papers to go, though...
My company will pay for my entire schooling and I just registered for my next class. Woo... American History.
I hated Chandler and she hated me.

10/03/2005 08:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home