Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Huh?

I was having brunch with my mum and Marci this weekend and we found ourselves discussing my mitral valve prolapse. I made some sort of comment that sounded something like Well, having a goofy heart valve isn't all bad. It forces you to stay in shape. I said it because a friend of mine said that to me when he found out like I had MVP like him.
Marci spat out her food laughing because it is fairly well known that I am not an aficionado of exercise. But the part that got me is that I said it in all seriousness. And had she not been there, I would have believed what I said. I am in good shape, but mostly because of good genes and the occassional pull towards a gym. I guess I really surprised myself. I am more deceitful than I thought. But in such a random way. Did I just say it because it sounded like something you should say?

3 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

I couldn't stop it, it just was so funny. I feel kinda bad about it, except not really cuz I know you'd call me out on something like that in a second!

I also feel bad about not leaping at the chance to take you to the aeroport...99% done sister! I am practically in my car now ;)

9/28/2005 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

When was this MVP discovered? You should get a shirt that has that blazed on the front. yes.

Seriously, did not know this. Learn something new everday, including Mish's problem with keeping food in her mouth. Did not know this either.

Wait, where you going?

9/28/2005 04:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was Marsha eating during her classic "spit-take"?

When I worked at the subway in west springfield by blockbuster, me and Mike Hightower would practice our spit-takes out front with the free soft drinks we got. That was the greatest job...

10/02/2005 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home