Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Pre-Canada Day

I dropped my mom off at the airport yesterday, so she could fly home and leave me all by myself in Ottawa. (Sniff). I then drove to my friend Chris' house so he could ply me with home brewed beer and bbq. All his friends came by and we had a glorious evening. It's weird to think these people are not Americans. (And they are happy about it!)

I woke up at 8am and it's now 10am and everyone is still sleeping. This does not bode well for my future, because we will be in Ottawa partaying with the rest of the red wearing public.

My mother and I were in Quebec and then drove to Ottawa. It rained the entire time we were in Quebec. See? Rain? This is the Menage Militaire that burned down in April.
We took a bus tour that let us out to view the Rue petit-Champlain and we took too long and were left behind. Oops. So we took the funiculaire up to the main part of the city and walked back to the hotel. At least it was not like the day before when we were caught in an immense dowpour AND had to climb a hill that would have rivaled any in San Francisco.
Now I am in Ottawa, and my friends are finally up which means time for coffee. Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger DCSportsChick said...

You'd better get moving! The festivities started hours ago!

7/01/2008 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Do you know who Blue Rodeo is?

7/01/2008 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! not too much fun!!! Well F-it!! Have all the fun you can take!!!!!!!! you dsesrve it!!!!!

7/01/2008 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

Beautiful picture!

7/01/2008 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger chanuck said...

Happiness is being Canadian. ;-)

Yea, Canada Day.

7/02/2008 01:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home