Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

I know how Tom Cruise feels... Not that being short is a bad thing.

Part of the reason I want to go on this road trip of mine is to figure out some things about myself. While packing today, I realized that there is one thing I am going to have to quickly come to grips with while I am traveling along. That thing is that I am only 5'5", which is not even short, really. As a matter of fact, the average American female is 5'4". So...I lean towards the taller side of the spectrum, right? (And even though I did believe I was growing a few years ago, which made Marci not even pretend to hide the giggles that exploded out of her when I shared this discovery with her which forced me to measure myself against the wall where I learned that alas, no growth had come from these limbs).

No more wearing these (with long hemmed pants so I look like I am 5'8"):





Because what I packed were these:

3 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

I always thought you were tall.

6/23/2008 08:15:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Right? Because I am always wearing tall shoes. I think I am tall, too and then suddenly, I am 3 inches shorter than a person I am normally looking straight into the eye of. I will get used to being my height this summer and when I return to my heels, I will probably go through the same delusion that I am growing again.

6/23/2008 10:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please oh please come back thinking you have grown, it would make m entire summer. Because, man, that was funny :)

BTW you appear taller than you are because you are always standing up straight and with confidence. Plus there are a lot of short people out there.

6/24/2008 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home