Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Travel plans

In two weeks I will be on the road in New England somewhere, sightseeing with my mum who has agreed to join me for the first week of my road trip. After that, I will be joining the Canada Day festivities in the capital of the Great White North. (Though probably not wearing the “Canada: America’s hat” t-shirt I have, for fear of a beat down).

July 2 will see me traversing much roadway as I attempt, in haste, to get to Chicago by noon on July 3. 800 miles, baby! There is some sort of surprise awaiting me at 1pm on July 5, but I don’t know what it is. Can’t wait, though!

After Chicago, I will make my way to Colorado to visit my sister and a myriad of friends I have in that state. My niece’s birthday is in early July, I want to be there for it. After some time in Colorado, I will no longer have a timeline for my visits and can languidly relish the various sights our immense country has to offer.

Some stops along the way:
Victoria, BC. – My dad used to say that this is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. He ought to know. He traveled a bunch!

Puget Sound: I want to see Orcas.

Pike Place market: I wonder if they will let me throw fish for a couple of ducats?

Visiting family in Oregon, friends in CA, TX, FL, NC and VA.

There is a place in San Antonio where some kids in a school bus were hit by a train and the legend is that if you leave your car in neutral in the intersection where the train tracks used to lie, the ghosts of the kids will push your car to safety. I HAVE to check this out!

If I can, I would like to get to a couple of MLB games. I have to, after all, fulfill one of my “Things to do before I die” list items which is to see a ballgame in every baseball stadium.

I am hoping to find an opportunity to volunteer in New Orleans. The area is still so destroyed and I would like to know how bad it really is. I don’t want to give money, because from the looks of things, the money is not going to the right places. I want to actually DO something.

Then I plan on following my philanthropy up by being a beach bum for a couple of days. I think maybe I will be one in Miami, though my tendency to reflect sunlight like a mirror might have a negative affect on the natives.

I’ll come home, eventually. I bet the time will go by way too fast.

5 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

I will say prayers for you until you come home!!!!!!! Get lots of rest and drive safe!!!!! Call me anytime you need to stay awake, I will be your road dog on the phone!!!!!!! SO happy and excited for you!!! Enjoy it, all of it and take lots of pictures to share when you get back.

6/12/2008 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ambitious, but it sounds like a blast. Have fun :-D

6/12/2008 01:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you taking postcard requests? I am concerned for your resolve after Colorado. I want proof that you went to Vancouver. Preferably in the form of postcard with butts on it.

6/13/2008 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

oooo...lots of postcards! Send. Send.

6/15/2008 04:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[raises hand for postcards]

6/17/2008 02:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home