Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Buggie's YouTube obsessions

After reading Diablo Cody’s less than inspiring list of YouTube favorites in Entertainment Weekly recently, I decided to give a little list of my own favs.

  1. Sleeping Meerkats: What’s not to love? These little critters are too frickin’ cute. Then add to the fact that they fall asleep while standing and then topple over? Priceless!
  2. Baby Stink Eye: This kid throws you a dirty look and then rolls in laughter. I think I have watched this video 300,000 times.
  3. Randy Johnson hits a bird: While this is not the greatest copy, it is kind of wild. Randy Johnson, the “Big Unit”, hits a pigeon while pitching. Gross, but so crazy! All the feathers! Imagine seeing this at the game? This is why baseball is good. Well, it’s not for the birds…
  4. Labatt Blue: Canadian beer commercials are always good. It was hard to pick just one, so you should look at the others. This commercial really has nothing to do with the beer, rather the lunacy of those who drink it. Cheers.
  5. NHL Goalies: This is just a super cool video. Who does not love a crazy goalie (Roy) or a goalie that is willing to stand up for a teammate? Awesome!
  6. Peyton Manning: Anything this man does, really, is quite funny. (You know, save for his football career... I mean he is a good football player, not like Randy Moss who tries to swim on the field or whatever it is that he does.) These are two of the best MasterCard commercials ever. I pick these because I could not find the video from SNL with him and the kids which is HI-larious! (Also, my list already includes golf balls, baseball and hockey. Have to throw some football in there). Okay, Matt found the SNL skit which is maybe the funniest thing to ever come out of SNL, ever! It's not on YouTube, but my blog, my rules. Or something... Enjoy!
  7. Sportscenter: Any one of their commercials is fantastic, and since I seem to be leaning towards a sports bent, I may as well keep it up. This is one of my favorites.

    That’s all I’ve got. I got carried away with the sports clips and now I can’t go back. I hope you enjoy. Happy Friday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best sports center commerical ever!

My goalie scores a goal

You should do this.

4/25/2008 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

I copied you on my blog :)

Here's my list:

- Ken Lee (Bulgarian Music Idol).

- More music fun: both the Idol's GLAMOROUS bloopers and Fergie's spelling bee are pretty hilarious.

- Almost anything on barelypolitical.com. As much as I hate to admit it, I think these videos (Obama Girl, the Ann Coulter song, etc) are all awesome. They're just ridiculous enough to be funny without being pushy.

- Yatta. My roommate's sister used to have the dance to this song memorized. It was magnificent.

- Anything on SNL. Favorites include Oops I Crapped My Pants, The Spartan Cheerleaders, Celebrity Jeopardy (all of them), Schweddy Balls, Matt Foley, Mango, Gap Girls, Sally O'Malley, More Cowbell, and the Lovers.

- I'm F*ing Matt Damon, and I'm F*ing Ben Affleck

Honorable Mentions:

- Ms. Peachez: so weird that it's actually fun to watch...

- anything that Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia says on camera.

4/28/2008 01:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home