Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Clogging up my mind right now:

I only have 5 days left of school and the in one month I will be an official college graduate. I still have a research paper due and some class work, but I would not be me if I did not wait until the very last minute to do it. I did make some minor deviations this time around, though. I made plans with friends for Thursday night, Friday night and Sunday morning. I figure I am going to be lounging about, not doing what I should be anyway. Might as well have some fun and feel the pressure more acutely once I walk into my home. I am thinking this may actually push me to work on the paper, rather than watching TV and cleaning because these are preferable to contemplating why archeology is/is not helpful in proving the accuracy of the Bible.

I am still angry with the Academy for awarding Jennifer Hudson with an Oscar for her role as a screaming, boob flinger in Dreamgirls. I still think she should have to return it and apologize to me.

I have had way too much coffee this morning. It’s not even good coffee.

I have big plans to clean and organize my office this morning. So far I have filed a stack, trashed a stack, sent a stack to various people and eaten a banana. I am on a roll.

I saw “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” last night. Brilliant! I was going to try to get my mum to see it with me last Sunday, but boy am I glad we did not go! Holy smokes! I remember watching an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210 with her that included some sort of sex scene (It was TV, but it was also Fox. So, just sayin’). I was mortified. I cannot begin to describe how watching FSM would have made me squirm were my mother’s eyes on the same, er… prize? as mine. I really liked the film, though. Especially when (spoiler alert!) Peter and Sarah tried to revisit their relationship and he just did not feel (heh) for her anymore. It’s weird that you can have such strong feelings for someone, but then you have some time away from them and you realize how much they are just NOT the person for you. Anyway, hilarious.

Why are all simple sundresses empire-waisted? I look terrible in high waisted dresses. I have no shape and look chunky. Even in my skinny days, I looked fat in high waisted dresses. I think it is due to my (as a classmate in high school so lovingly referred to as my) child bearing hips. So, make some dresses for me. Pretty, simple things with a low waist, or perhaps a waist where is supposed to be. Sheesh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Empire-waist dresses look like maternity wear, and they need to go into the same deep pit as uggs and skinny jeans.

4/23/2008 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and if there's any room left in the pit, let's toss down every pair of Crocs in existence, too.

4/23/2008 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Ooh, I agree wholeheartedly! And those thick gold chains Guidos wear.

4/23/2008 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the wide leg leather pants I saw walking around Arlington last night? Should we trash those?

Although I am afraid to, because, well how much more awesomely awful can you get than that?

And here's to procrastination and finding the next great thing to procrastinate about!

4/23/2008 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I volunteer to take up some of the time you will have on your hands soon. Git er Done with the paper so you can relax and enjoy yourself, is it done yet??? and as for all the haters of all the mentioned clothes above minus the leather, I think I own all of those items.... I am an old Mom!!! ;) Mish-- how bout just wide leg pants(sans leather) are those acceptable, cause SH%* I just bought a pair!!! Hee Heee..you girls know I don't really care but it made me laugh to read all the hating!!

4/25/2008 08:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home