Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Nerd alert

I was one of the millions who was enthralled with Beverly Hills, 90210. The kids, in the pilot, were the same age as I was. For some reason, if I recall it correctly, they repeated their junior year and David Silver went from being a freshman to being a junior. Something like that. Kelly had her little red BMW convertible in the pilot, and the blond curly haired guy had his corvette. Kids are generally juniors when they get the driver's licenses. They were also in a chemistry class on that first day. I'm just sayin'. They started off as juniors and apparently the Minnesotan twins brought the whole group down and forced them all to repeat that year. Minnesotans... They are trouble.
In regards to David Silver skipping a year, I bet the school bumped him up after his friend committed suicide. That was a shocking episode.
Okay, so they are making a new Beverly Hills, 90210. I am sad to say that I will probably watch. My major issue is that one of the lead characters is the daughter of Andrea, the 90 year old high school junior. Oh my goodness. Am I really THAT old that she would be in high school?

6 Comments:

Blogger DCSportsChick said...

That's why I could never get into that show. Convenient inconsistencies irritate me.

4/04/2008 08:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If done properly (like, not the OC,) I think I might actually watch that. I hope they use the original theme song.

4/04/2008 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

T and T will be in High-School before you know it!!! :(

4/07/2008 08:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was 50 when she was on the show, so we're not that old...yet

4/08/2008 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Yeah, I read that the characters were in the 20s, and that Andrea was, like 28 when she did the show. No wonder I had such a hard time buying the premise...they were older than their teachers.

Also, I had a hard time relating to their "problems". Gee, Dylan, you don't get along with your dad so you can't talk to him, but you can take his meeelyuns, and drive nice cars, have a phat pad and sleep with more hot blondes than hugh hefner. Cue the violins! Boo freakin' hoo!

4/08/2008 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is NOT 90210 if Joe E. Tata is not in the cast.

(His name sounds like tits. And he owned the Peachpit which also sounds dirty.)

4/09/2008 03:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home