Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Turns out this post DOES have a topic!

I only have a few weeks left before I am officially a college graduate. That will change the box I get to mark off on various forms and such. Finally! But will it change anything for me?
I am having a stream of consciousness writing experience here, so none of these thoughts are going to make much sense, or be very complete. I have not updated in a while, and I really don’t have much to talk about.

My sister and her family are coming today. I am thrilled, though I won’t see them until tomorrow. Wonder if I am expected to pack my stuff up and live at my mom’s house this weekend..? I probably should, because it is really hard to get myself together in the mornings. On the other hand, they are notorious for being late sleepers, and I probably wake up before they do… dilemma. I get very impatient when I am just hanging around in a place that is not my home.

On to nicer topics.
This morning, Bill tried to get me to get up, but when I kept telling him to shut up and let me be, he rolled over and gave up on me. I woke up a little late and when I left, he was stretched out, sound asleep. Bah.

On a not so nice topic: Off to the scary woman who laughs at the sweaty, red-faced victims of her boot camp class at the gym tonight. She hurts me and makes me cry. Why do I keep going back for more?

I think I just figured out the topic of this essay. I am a glutton for punishment. Seriously. Re-read this and see for yourself!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was JUST about to email you to see if you were bailing on gym class due to the family in town. Glad to see that you are not. Woo!

Funny because last night when I was putting two and two together (as I apparently like to add in my head whilst walking down the street) I thought you probably would not go and what would I do? Yoga? Work? Nothing? And I decided that no, I would go see the maniacal lady...by myself! And that is saying a lot because of what a pain it is to get there on time during the week. So man, I must really be a glutton for punishment!

Anyway, my point is, I am super glad I am not going alone.

4/03/2008 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I've recently discovered that it's possible for exes to be friends with one another.

Of course that only came after much time without seeing nor speaking to eachother, which may have been what was required to begin with.

4/03/2008 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

re: "But will it change anything for me?"

Yes. In a way, it shouldn't. But it will. We shouldn't define ourselves and our perceived lack of life plan based on a degree. But others do...and that means sometimes we do. I hope this milestone gives you the ammunition you need to conquer the world.

4/03/2008 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

I don't know, I'm of the school that thinks that exes are exes for a reason and I never need to have contact with them ever again. You're nicer than I am :-)

4/04/2008 08:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations in advance on your college graduation- and enjoy the time with your family!

4/09/2008 04:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home