Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day three- Whos and Shakers and money and cows

BLOGGER JUST BLITZED OUT ON ME! Grr, now I have to re-write everything. Mad.
The Ivy League tour continued yesterday at Dartmouth where Theodore Geisel went. He might be better known as Dr. Suess. They have a Dr. Suess study room and everything. My kind of school. We wandered about and I bought a pair of Dartmouth socks. I needed something, but since I graduated from BU, I have this strange loyalty to it and feel like I can no longer wear other school's apparel without misrepresenting myself. A few years ago this would not have affected me at all. So, hence the socks.

We went on to Enfield, NH to see the Shaker village. Our tour guide, Arthur, was this cool old man in blue Converse Chucks (the same ones I have), who gladly told us about the nefarious doings of the Shaker people who could not follow the faith as well as they should have. He told of one man who ran off with a female reporter and how she was accused of kidnapping him. The accuser was then told by the men of the village that he went happily along with her. She did not need to tie him to her car roof.

On the road, we saw a sign for Vermont Maple Syrup. So we stopped and knocked on the accompanying house door and made this woman who lived there sell us her syrup.

We went to Bretton Woods, NH to see where the IMF signed a big treaty in 1944. That is one huge resort!

On the drive towards the Canadian border, we saw a deer and I nearly lost my head. The adrenaline rush made my skin burn. Damn WLM. They are everywhere.

Finally, we had dinner at the Cow Palace. Could not resist that. We drank margaritas and toasted Harmony's birth. Happy birthday, sweetie!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we missed you today. Happy early Canada Day!

6/28/2008 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger JessT said...

Did you have a famous Elk delicacy at the Cow Palace?

6/29/2008 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Aw! I want to see pictures. Tell me about the VA Canada Day!

No elk for me. But I did eat cow. Delicious cow.

6/29/2008 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home