Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day two: Mansions and camels and Bears, Oh my!

We actually made it through 8 states yesterday. I forgot to count MA. (VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA). Not too shabby. Today, only 4 (MA, RI, NH, VT). We would not have even made it to Vermont had the hotels in Concord not all been sold out due to some Nascar race. We looked for a town called Keene in New Hampshire, took the correct exit and everything, and wound up...no where... No, seriously. It was spooky. The AAA book said the town was a good sized one. I think that maybe it is a town only people who live there can find, or better, it is only inhabited by ghosts and allows itself living visitors only once a year in order to feast on their souls! We are lucky it did not open itself up to us!!

Today we hopped around Newport and Providence, RI. Both are very pretty towns. We drove around and looked at what too much money brings:This is the Mansion called The Breakers, built by the Vanderbilts in 1895 for lots of cash. It has 70 rooms. Yeah, 'cause that is what you need in a house you only use 10 weeks of the year. But, staring at the myriad of such places is how my mother and I spent out morning. Then we drove to Providence to look at Brown University. I truly believe that we are gaining intelligence by visiting all these Ivy League schools. We saw Harvard in May and now Yale and Brown. Tomorrow we visit Dartmouth. You thought I was smart before (right?).
We had to drive until 9pm to find a hotel which we did, finally, in Vermont. But now it is 10:45. We ate high style from Subway sandwich shop and I have to go to bed. We did drive over 300 miles today, but mostly back and forth. (Damn Keene).

But I did see the Brown Bear and some camels!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bear looks like he's saying "Who? Little ol' me??"

6/27/2008 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Lawyer Bear?

I went to providence once. I stayed at a really shabby motel on the outskirts of town, ate a hamburger, and saw a concert. Then I threw up at the McDonalds drive through. :-(

But enough about my travels, I always wanted to know what no where looked like, you should have snapped a couple photos of that too.

6/27/2008 09:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home