Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quebec - 400 ans! We share a birthday (July 3), but Quebec will always be 365 years older than me! HA!

Bonsoir, mes Amis! Je suis au Quebec (a Quebec?).
It has been pouring and it sucks! But we enjoyed Crepes at the Creperie Marci, Jen and I stood in line for almost exactly five years ago today. We also are spending a gazillion dollars in order to stay at a fancy hotel (Chateau Laurier) because all the hotels were really expensive. Now that we've walked about, we see all sorts of hotels inside Old Quebec that are under $100 and have vacancies. Le sigh.

We are both exhausted. The night at the Super 8 left us tossing and turning and generally suffering from malaise. Tomorrow should be a good touristy day. We are taking a bus tour of old Quebec. Then we will drive to Trois Rivieres. On Monday we head to Ottawa where I will bring my travelling partner to the airport. I think then the vacation part of this journey will be over and the self reflection part begins. Merde, that sounds like work! Though I do get to have a Canadian BBQ with Chris and his crew and spend Canada Day in style. Then I get to hang out with Marci in Chicago. I guess the holiday ain't quite over yet.

I have already spent $500! And my mommy covered the pricey hotel tonight. What will I do when I cannot split the costs anymore? And the hotels seemed to get pricier and pricier. If you guys see me on 20/20 or Dateline, judge ye not!

Don't be a Couche-tard and not leave me any comments!!
A final note: Can someone tell me what these things are? (Oh Canada, you are so old fashioned...)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not couche tarded! Yay for Cananda Day, but shouldn't you say sacre bleu instead of "merde"?

I am headed to Blue Earth, MN tomorrow where they have the yummiest, freshest sweet corn ever.

6/29/2008 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger chanuck said...

The hotel you are staying at is name in honor of Canada's 7th Prime Minister and its first Francophone. Yea Canada!!

Oh, this is a Canadian secret and I shouldn't say anything, but your last picture shows our super secret device, a transporter. The books have codes where you want to go and you input the code on the touch pad. Don't tell anyone I told you.

6/29/2008 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I am merely commenting to avoid being bunched into the couche tarded grouping but haven't much to say except that it's very fun to witness your journey via your blog feed. I wonder if you can just travel full time and blog about it and make a living that way. I'm sure you could. Something to consider. Maybe work some more scandal in for the shock factor?

Can't wait till your trip takes you yonder to Tejas! Kisses and pre-b'day kisses!

6/29/2008 11:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Creperie" is an awesome name. It's like 'Pizzeria' or 'Hamburgery' or 'Noodledrome'.

6/30/2008 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw something else when I saw the sign with the owl and the word Couche-Tard......

I wish we still had Transporters here in the good ole US of A

6/30/2008 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

There is a stinky couche-tard down the hall from me right now. It is complaining about travel again.

Sounds like a great trip so far!

6/30/2008 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Love seeing pics and reading about your adventures!! Please continue to post. Happy almost bday!!! thanks for my call and toast!! love you

7/01/2008 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home