Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Make like a tree and leave

I know I am a little late in sharing this, but I have been busy! Back off!
 
Monday was a frustrating travel day. One of the roads I take to work was closed and they gave no warning, so once I committed to the off ramp, I was trapped behind a police car, a massive line of traffic, and a broken tree. I managed to turn around and get to work sort of on time.
 
The homeward trip took a bit longer. An hour and a half longer, to be exact. It took me two hours to get home. I have to say that I concert I gave in my car with the help of my IPOD was impressive. You should have been there!
 
I figured the stoppage in traffic was due to another tree having been too weak to withstand the nagging of the wind, and I was right. I did not expect, however, to be treated to the sight of three fully uniformed Park Police officers breaking branches by hopping up and down on them and playing a game of tug of war. These men took this job so seriously, but I have to thank them for not being able to shed their little boy sides when it came to freeing us of the street infringing rudeness of a broken tree.
 
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should have used FIRE!!

4/18/2007 04:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home