Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You may have won! Log on to find out!

What’s the deal with the new fad of getting you completely captivated by something, only to have them tell you to go to a website to finish the story? Hmm, that sounds convoluted. Let me explain.

Example #1: I was watching MTV with my mom about this 16 year old Mormon chick who married a 17 year non-Mormon boy. At the end of the show, which for some reason I watched until the end, the girl says “To find out what I gave to boy’s mom, go to my website.” So I will never find out what she gave his mom.

Example #2: News programs that used to piss me off with the whole “Amazing breakthrough that will SAVE YOUR LIFE! Details at 10:00.” (Like I am ever going to remember to tune in) are now saying “Earn a million dollars in 15 minutes. Log on to our website to find out how.” (I made that up, but you know what I mean.)

Example #3: Magazines that ask questions, or have surveys and say to find out the answer, log on to their webpage. Self did this recently with a question about women’s health and breast cancer. I am now probably going to die because they did not have that information readily available for me while I was engaged in receiving it.

Listen, I will go to your website if I feel like it. Hell, I may even be more apt to log on if you are having a contest where I could win something, or see naked pictures of Wentworth Miller. BUT, I am not going to do everything with a pad of paper and a pen so that I can write down your web address and the question I want an answer to so that I may run to the computer and have to search on your crappy site for the answer you have craftily hidden from me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you are eating right now may be dangerous for your health, tune in tonight at 11 to find out what foods to avoid if you want to live......

3/14/2007 10:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she gave his mom scabies!

I'm so glad there is a channel called MTV devoted to music. I like music, don't you?

3/14/2007 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Music? I though MTV stood for miscellaneous television.

3/15/2007 09:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home