Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Jenny Owen Youngs

I met Jen and Cristina at Iota last night. Jen is a fan of Jenny Owen Youngs after hearing her song "Fuck was I" on the TV show "Weeds".
This girl totally rocks. She sang this cover of Nelly as her finale. (Which totally reminded me of the "Boyz-N-The-Hood" cover by Dynamite Hack).

She seemed slightly irritated at all the yappers in the fairly small crowd. I would be too. They were loud! And why come to a small bar with a stage, if you want to chat up your friends? Rude.

Me, being the super cool girl that I am, went up to her after her set to buy a cd. We got to chatting. We discussed TV shows and I elaborated on how I think everyone on TV should be beautiful. The ugly girls should be played by people like Cameron Diaz. I see enough ugly on the streets of DC every day. Don't need it in my fantasy television land. Jenny asked me if I was on something. I had to admit that, nope... this is just how I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Have you heard the "white guy" version of Gin n' Juice? He sounds like a therapist, saying the words over wind chimes and stuff. So awesome.

3/09/2007 03:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her initials are JOY. Her parents were the ones smoking the delicious crack. (dirty hippies)

3/09/2007 05:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, how cool you found that! More live music...Jen

3/11/2007 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home