Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Cleanliness is close to Godliness

I am sitting at my computer while two very nice ladies are scrubbing my house (that has years of filth baked in, or so it feels to me). I feel so awkward sitting here, screwing around, while they do hard labor that I do not want to do (but truthfully should be doing myself to save the money). I hate to clean. I hate it so much that knowing they were coming this morning, I woke up singing songs of glee. I do have to admit to having run around straightening so they would not think I was a complete slob.
I wish they would sing little songs, like "Just a spoon full of sugar". Well, maybe wishes only come true one at a time.
I am feeling in the way. I don't know what to do with myself. I am sure they would much rather that I were at work or someplace so they could work in freedom. Perhaps then they would be singing. And cute outfits? No. I know that is expecting far too much, but seriously, for the money they want, I could have some cute outfits and a nice little song production. Is a dance too much to ask for? (Says the girl who is asking them to clean her toilet.) Squeee, clean toilet! Okay, wow. That makes it sound like I never clean my toilet. That is just not right. I do clean it. I just don't have to right now! Yay!
I may just find out what color my carpets truly are, too. They brought a vacuum. A Vacuum! AND they are going to mop the floors. All the footprints left over from the Oscar party will be soon gone, and I will only have the memories to remind me.
It already smells good in here. I opened the windows because it is just such a beautiful day. The smell of fresh air mixing with cleaning solutions smells like this side of heaven. Especially when wafting over me as I move nothing but my nubby fingers over this keyboard, which could use a little dusting itself. Uh oh.. Am I turning into a spoiled socialite? No work. Throw parties. Cleaning people come to take care of my mess? Oh geez, I am.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have MAIDS?!
Are they hot?
How much are they charging?

Your place looked pretty clean by my standards, are you going all Marc Summers on us? Or are you worried about the cooties the guests left all over your couch?

2/27/2007 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No answer....

I fear you have been kidnapped and brainwashed by the maid cartel to labor in their unholy army. You are probably cleaning toilets as I type this, with every memory of your former life wiped clean from your brain like so much countertop grime.

3/01/2007 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home